Sunday, October 3, 2010

Friday Night in Wellsville












This last Friday night, while my husband was at the BYU vs. Utah State Football game (by the way Utah State beat 31-16, first win against BYU since 1993), I took the kids over to Wellsville to see my grandpa and to stop by my grandparents graves. Matt did not want to pay $32 per ticket for me and the kids...plus it was on TV. So he went up with some friends. But I needed to get over to Wellsville and see my grandpa anyway...he is leaving to go back to his home in San Diego for the winter....and I had some seasonal wreaths I wanted to hang on my Grandma Allans grave and my Grandma and Grandpa Maughans grave....
I love my Grandpa Allan so much and am so glad I get to see him here in the summertime. I do not get to see him as much as I would like. He is busy and so are we, but we get over there 5-6 times a summer. He always has something interesting for us to do...make jam, pick corn or tomatoes, go on a 4-wheeler ride, etc. He is such a kind hearted, simple man. He is the most observant person I have ever met...he is one of those people who stops to smell the roses everywhere he goes. He is so grateful for everything the Lord has created for us in this world and he makes sure everyone else notices it too. And I love how he is with my kids. I will miss him this winter and I will miss him when he leaves this earth and passes on. I have so many happy memories with him. But he is super healthy and hopefully will be around for a long time to come.
Anyway....we stopped by the cemetary on our way to grandpas and left a few nice wreaths for my grandparents....then I let my kids play at the playground for an hour or so before grandpa got home. Funny thing Cade said to me.....he said, "Mom you are the nicest mom ever." And I asked him why and he said, "Cause you took us to the park." Easy as that, huh? You can be the nicest mom ever, if you just stop at the park every once in awhile.
Well I finally saw gramps car and so we headed over to his house and we talked for a bit and got caught up, ate some of his candy stash, and then he took my kids on a little ride, on the 4-wheeler, to see the ducks. I started to get a little worried when they were taking so long and it was starting to get dark. I went to hop in my car, to go and find them, when they rounded the corner. Then we came inside and turned on the TV for a few minutes and ended up watching the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter of the BYU-Utah State game and could not believe Utah State was beating 24-3. Then we were interested and watched till halftime. We then gave grandpa hugs and kisses good-bye and told him we would miss him...it was getting late and we were excited to get home and watch the 2nd half of the game. Exciting night. We got to see grandpa, go to the park, and see Utah State beat BYU. Good night!



No comments: