Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not A Creative Bone in my Body



Ok...SO NO Laughting. I am the most uncreative person ever. Every year, our city, North Logan, holds an event called the Pumpkin Walk. It is a huge hit. There is a theme every year and every booth has to fit that theme. Families or neighborhoods or work places volunteer to take on a booth. This year the theme was linked to CARTOONS.....cant remember the actual theme. And all the characters in the booth have to be made with pumpkins, squash, etc. A bunch of families in our neighborhood decided to take on A BUGS LIFE and TOY STORY. So our family got put in charge of making the horse BULLSEYE in a TOY STORY. All the school classes from all over Cache Valley come to see it during the day and tons of families come every night for 5 days or so to come and see it. It is always very crowded every year. Kinda fun!
I have ideas, but they never look like the idea I have in my head. I am so NOT CREATIVE. Our horse took like 3 hours and it looked embarassingly WEIRD. I don't sew so everything was safety pinned....the legs were too long, the head too small. I ruined my kids play horse by spray painting it and glue gunning it. I ended up using the pumpkin as the body and just spray painting it brown. Anyway, embarrassing!
My kids thought it looked good until they saw all the other booths at the walk. And Matt and I agreed, it looked like hell from the very start. After the pumpkin walk, we both kept saying...we should have done it this way. Anyway, it is over with......and maybe next year they will give us an easier character or maybe not ask us to particpate at all. J/K. Matt and I kept laughing...telling the kids not to tell anyone we made it....your friends might make fun of you, etc. But they kept telling everyone. So funny! It gave us a fun laugh. But it was fun being a part of a scene and getting a little more involved. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

That's so funny! I don't remember "Bullseye" so, I can't compare the likeness. You get an A for effort. It takes a lot of work to put the Pumpkin Patch together.