Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Challenging Daughter

Since I have come to the conclusion that my blog is like my personal journal, I need to vent this morning about my children....especially my daughter. Why is it that kids care so much about what other kids say or think? It is so frustrating to me. So frustrating that I was kinda depressed the last 2 days about it. First of all...I am getting ready to go on a trip this weekend and have to make the last minute preparations to go. Well Friday is "Crazy Hair Day" at school and because I am not going to be here, I am trying to make it as easy for Grandma as possible, but my kids are being difficult.

We have had issues all week about what to wear during dress up week, to where it is wearing me out. I finally just give up and REALLY DONT CARE. In fact, last night, Matt had to go in and show Corey the cold weather forecast on the Internet, so that she would wear a long sleeve shirt to school today (Field Trip today...outside alot). Kids think they know everything....starting at such a young age, but if only they would listen to their older and wiser parents...Oh gosh, I am sounding like my parents. But it is so frustrating to me. And I don't know if being pregnant is making it worse because I am tired and have less patience. But it is making me sad too.

Dont get me wrong....With finding out this new addition to our family being a boy.....I am so thrilled. I have enjoyed Casen so much and he is so fun....especially his age now. But it is starting to hit me now, that Corey is going to be my only girl and she is already 7 and has a mind of her own. I have no say in what she wears or how she wants her hair now. It is a constant battle. So I keep telling myself that boys will be easier to deal with. And I really don't want anymore kids or to be pregnant ever again, to try and have another girl. But I just realized the last couple of days, that it is hitting me that she is my only girl and already so old and independant. I am kind of sad and kind of warn out because already she is a PILL.

Back to the question of why do kids care so much about what other kids think? It is so frustrating to me. And maybe we were all like that at their age and have just forgotten, because now we dont care what others think as much and we are our own person. But I just feel bad that their everyday actions are based on what others think. Going back to this Crazy Hair Day thing. I shopped for an hour one day, trying to find my kids CRAZY WIGS they could wear for this dress up day....something that Grandma could manage at 7:30 in the morning. And after all this trouble, now they dont want to wear them because they think people wont think it is crazy or cool. And they want Grandma to do these complicated hair styles. I AM SO OVER IT. I WILL BE ON VACATION AND GRANDMA WILL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT AND COREY WILL JUST HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL HOWEVER HER HAIR TURNS OUT. SO OVER IT. SO TIRED OF KIDS BEING STUBBORN. WHY CANT THEY JUST DO WHAT I SAY TILL THEY MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE AT 18?

Just venting and trying to come to grips that my kids are growing up and forming opinions of their own, but how do you instill confidence in your children...so they don't care so much about what their peers think?

No comments: