Saturday, October 30, 2010

School Halloween Carnival








So today was the school carnival and my kids wanted to go. They had been hearing about it at school and we had never been.... I had also been hearing about it around the neighborhood...."It is so crowded, hot, sweaty, long lines, etc." But is Halloween and Carnivals really for us as adults or the kids? Most of the stuff we do with our kids, is not so fun for us. It is fun to see them getting excited because they are having so much fun. Anyway, we decided to go and brave the confusion. We tried to go a little early to fight some of the crowd.

First of all, I got to dress Casen up in his little dragon/dinosaur costume and he looked so freakin adorable. I was in love with him all night.....so first of all let me put this in there really quick...being pregnant and due in February, I keep thinking that Casen will not be my baby anymore. As I rock him to bed at night and snuggle with him, I keep thinking he is growing up so fast and once the baby is here, he will seem so grown up. So I told Matt the other day, that when the baby does arrive, I made a conscious decision, I want to remember to put the baby down, and make sure to hold Casen too and enjoy him before he grows as big as my other kids. So anyway, last night, as I dressed him up and watched him running around in his little dragon outfit, I was in love. He looked so freakin cute. He looked like this FAST LITTLE DINO running around. So funny. And everyone loved his little outfit. He was almost grown out of it. He was taller than I thought and everything was a little stretched. And he did keep his hat on for quite awhile.

But we got there and it was not too crowded... we ate some dinner...pizza and nachos...so healthy. And then by then, we started to see some of our neighbors and friends. So the kids started to get in lines and play games, and eat cotton candy and all that. It did get a little sweaty and hot and my prego legs were aching and I was craving for a chair. But we made it through....with only a few tears...from a competitive sister who was not winning any games and only getting tootsie rolls and not prizes. She is so competitive sometimes, it drives me crazy. Anyway, we ended up staying a couple hours....the kids showed daddy their classrooms, they even got to get their fortunes told. We waited in a 30 minute line for fortunes and they both came out forgetting their fortunes. The only think they could remember was that Corey was going to have 4 kids and Cade 1. But it was fun to see a few friends and see all the kids dressed up. But I was exhausted and ready to come home and get comfy. I think the kids had fun!

And then this morning....so cute...the kids were practicing trick-or-treating and showing Casen, our 1.5 year old, the ropes of trick-or-treating. He was too young last year and he had the swine flu last year, so this will be his first year trick-or-treating. He is so excited. He was even saying "Trick-or-Treat" while practicing this morning. I am excited to see him trick-or-treat tonight. I can still remember Cade at his age, trick-or-treating and what a kick we got out of it. Cade would just raise his hand in the air until the person at the door would put it in his hand. So freakin funny! I am a little nervous though, cause we are going to stay in our neighborhood this year, with all the HILLS and I hope I don't go into labor. Maybe I will make Matt bring the 4-wheeler and take me to the top of each hill and walk down....

Posted by Picasa

No comments: