Friday, October 29, 2010

Winning an Award for Creativity.....WHAT???




So as you know, from our previous post on BULLSEYE the Horse, we are just not a very crafty family, but GUESS WHAT? My kids won 1st place at the Greenville Pumpkin Decorating Contest. Can you believe that? Their mascot is a dragon, so we decided to make a dragon pumpkin. We spray-painted it green, put on a few face pieces, got one of dad's socks and stuffed it and painted it green for the tail, and Corey's idea was the red toothpicks for spikes, on the back. So it was not too much work, just a little preparation and THE THOMPSONS actually won an award for creativity. Craziness. I can't tell if I am more excited about winning or my kids?

Cade came home from school, half day, and told me that him and Corey won the pumpkin contest. I did not really know what he meant because he does not get all the details, but when Corey came home later, she told me that 1st place was MOST LIKED. So I guess the kids voted and they liked ours the best. Then most creative was 2nd, most funny was 3rd, and so forth. Corey said she was so excited. She was crossing her fingers when they announced it over the intercom. I was so happy for them....And Casen got to be my little helped...carrying to the pumpkin to and from school this week....a little tricky with a belly in the way and holding a 1.5 year olds hand.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: