Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Walk Field Trips

I decided this year to meet Cade's Kindergarten class at the Pumpkin Walk, with Casen and to walk around with this class. The Pumpkin Walk is a really cool event that North Logan holds every year. It brings tons of people to it. Anyway, being pregnant, I did not walk from the school to the walk because I am trying to take it easy. So we were waiting at the park for Mrs. Petersons class to arrive, and when I saw Cade I just laughed to myself. It was so cute. Everyone in the class had a walking buddy they had to hold hands with, on the way to the walk. So most partners were boy-boy or girl-girl, but when I saw Cade he was holding this cute little girls hand, and I just thought it was adorable....that he wasn' too embarrassed to do that. So I said Hi to him, his class took a few pics, and then as they started the walk...it was like I did not exist. He took this little girls hand again and they walked around the different scenes with their class. It was so funny. I asked him who is little friend was and he told me it was EMMA. Well she sits at his table in class because he talks about her all the time. So then it was even cuter.

I kept laughing to myself, that he did not really even need me there. Corey pays alot more attention to me when I show up to her events and she wants to push Casen around in the stroller and show him off, etc. Where I had to beg for Cade's attention. So funny how your kids can be so different. Anyway, we got to see all the booths, and I was talking to a bunch of the other moms. And one mom I talked too, was Emma's mom and we were joking about what we should do about them....holding hands, etc., but we just both let it go and thought it was so cute and funny. I guess her little girl talks about Cade all the time too. And we were both joking about why we even came, that our kids were not paying attention to us. So funny! Towards the end, they noticed us again and came and hung out with us for the last 10 minutes or so. And that is when I ran into Corey's class. I had no idea Corey's class was even going, so that was a surprise, but a nice surprise. So I said good-bye to Cade's class because they were headed back to school, and then I hung out with Corey's class for 15 minutes or so. It was a fun day to see them with their friends and classes and to get to see all the awesome booths. That is when Corey told me she thought our horse was cool until she saw all these other peoples' creative ideas. I think my kids are realizing I am just not creative in the crafts department.

It was fun to see our neighborhoods scenes....TOY STORY and A BUGS LIFE. They turned out really cute. Some of the other ones we saw were Charlie Brown, Polar Express, Madagascar, The Muppets, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, How to Train a Dragon, Spongebob, Smurfs, Flinstones, Up, Dr. Seuss,Lion King, etc. They were really great. This years, I thought was especially great!


























































































No comments: