Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Fun Family Night











We had a fun night, Monday night, decorating pumpkins "EASY, LOW-MAINTENANCE SYTLE." The kids each got to pick out a pumpkin the other day, so I decided that it was time to decorate them. I have had these little pumpkin parts that stick right into the pumpkin, so I decided...being prego and too tired to clean up extra messes, that this year was going to be easy and mess-free. So they each took turns picking parts for their pumpkin faces. It kinda felt like we were playing "MR. POTATO HEAD." But they all turned out cute and the kids were happy with their results. We usually add hair and all sorts of other creative things, but not this year.

We also had some fun Halloween treats that I bought for us to make, so I put Casen to bed...MR GRUMPY.... and we made some treats. We made brownies with frosting and decorations and we made Green Rice Krispy Treats and the kids formed them into Halloween shapes and decorated them. Pretty fun! But when it hit 9:30 PM, I was pooped and ready to get the kids in bed. I had been on my feet all day and I was feeling it. My legs felt like lead!

So funny story.....in the morning, while getting ready for school, Cade sat up for breakfast and asked why the counter was still all sticky and in fact why the kitchen was still such a mess. I told him that I was too tired last night to clean it up....And he gave me this look like....you could not have possibly been that tired? I was laughing and told him that "Mommies do get tired after a long day; especially pregnant mommies." I got thinking.... that he is already maturing into Manhood, where men do not understand how you could possibly be too tired at 8:00 PM to do anything.....and sometimes that anything that you are too tired to do, makes them irritated! HA! HA!

No comments: