Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kids Love To Try And Ruin Vacays

Of course, when I have a trip planned, one of my kids has to get sick! I saw a few bumps on Casen's belly on Sunday and did not think much of it, until they started multiplying like crazy. I then realized that he had Chicken Pox! And after I had made a call to the DR., they diagnosed it over the phone as Chicken Pox too and told us to stay home.
Doesn't it seem like that MOMS? .... that whenever you have something planned, one of the kids gets sick? Well I have a trip planned to go to this Women's Conference in Provo Thursday thru Saturday... so the last couple of days, I have been watching Casen and debating what to do. I feel bad leaving him, but Matt and my mother-in-law have agreed to let me go. We have all had the chicken pox or the vaccination in our family, so we are not worried about it, but it sucks to be confined to the house and car. It makes running errands hard to do and going to soccer games hard to do. So anyway, we think he got it from a family friend, but I guess if I was not so worried about vaccinations and I would have had his chicken pox vaccination at 1 year old, he would have been fine. But I am so nervous and cautious about vaccinations now, so we just get them at a slower pace.
But he has been acting fine during the day.. no fever... no scratching (yet anyway) and so I feel that I should be able to go on my trip and not feel guilty. My mother-in -law will have him during the day and Matt will have the kids at night. Last night, he did wake-up a few times feeling uncomfortable, but I still did not see him scratching. He has also been happy and eating and no fever, so hopefully, he will not be too bad for daddy and grandma. I am in such need of this Girls Weekend with no kids. I have been looking forward to this Spiritual Uplift and Emotional Uplift...with a little shopping and some good food (without interruptions from kids) for so long....although we will not be sleeping in. DARN IT! I am guessing he has a mild case of it, unless it is going to get worse while I am gone. But I have not seen any new spots since yesterday, so wich me luck... that all will go well and I will not have to make a special trip home to comfort my baby! Grandmas and Daddys are just as good at that too; right?


Posted by Picasa

No comments: