Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Little Reader

So I was feeling kinda bad, thinking of something I could blog about Corey, since I just blogged about Cade and Casen, and what do you know.... Corey comes in and asks me what I am doing and asks me why I did not blog about her. So I was thinking what I had noticed about her in the last couple of months and I wanted to highlight her reading. I go and help in her a class, a few times a month, for reading. And I get to read with her reading group. I am so impressed with her reading skills and her spelling skills. She also has pretty good math skills too. She is just so eager to learn and to be good at everything she does. Sometimes I think she compares herself a little to much to her classmates, but I guess she is competitive and it gives her DRIVE to do even better.
But as I was thinking, I am really impressed with Kindergarden and first grade teachers because they have alot of pressure to teach these kids to read and there are so many kids, all on different levels. In Corey's class alone, with 25 students or so, there are like 5-6 different level reading groups. So props to them. I do not know if I would want that pressure as a teacher, but they must feel so good for what they are doing because they are teaching these kids an IMPORTANT SURVIVAL TOOL, to live in this world and that is to READ AND WRITE!

My little girl is growing up and she is so SMART. I love it! She loves to learn!

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

I have to teach 7 different groups each day to read. It is such a challenge, but when the day is done, it is soooo rewarding. I see many struggle and to be able to focus on them and praise them for what they "can" do is so important. Teachers definetly have a talent that most people don't even realize one of which is loving what they do and doing it regardless of the stress and under pay.

Keep her reading, it will help her with many other things.