Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kids Sping Break 2010

This week was the kids spring break and we wanted to do some fun stuff.... to get out of the house. Unfortunately, the weather in Logan is not considered spring break weather. So we did a few indoor things in Logan at the beginning of the week and then towards the end of the week, we headed south to St. George where it was alot warmer.
We took the kids to a few movies. We saw the Toothfairy and we saw How to Train A Dragon. I get mom amnesia and forget how bad Casen is at the movies and I always regret bringing him mid-way through the movie. Both movies were cute and the kids enjoyed them. We also went out to breakfast at McDonalds one morning which was fun. We were suppose to go with Auntie Becca Monday morning before she headed home to Provo, but we all slept in and my kids were bummed. So we went to McDonalds just us and I let them play for an hour or so. It was a nice start to the morning. We also went to the Fun Park one of the days and I let the kids skate for a couple hours. They sure are getting better. I love taking my kids places, but sometimes it is torture as a mom. The Fun Park is torture. So boring for me and Casen wants to run all over. But I love to see my kids having a good time and I wanted them t0 enjoy their spring break.
So we headed down to St. George Thursday at about noon.(Oh, so a few of my pics are repeats and I did not get very many because my camera died down in St. George, on the first day and I forgot my charger. I was so BUMMED!) And it was not an enjoyable ride down.... just to put it lightly. We probably got there around 6:30 PM, but Casen was terrible. He cried and whined the whole way and did not fall asleep once. I don't know if he was having flashbacks of 3 weeks ago when I went to St. George with Mandy and Nan, but OHHHH he was terrible. Once we got there, he was fine. He just hates to be confined to a car seat. I think it must be that age because Corey did that too us once, when she was that age... drove to CA. 12 hours later and she had not slept once and kept throwing fits. But St. George was really fun . We stayed in the condo with Ryan and Kelley Bunderson and their 4 kids and we met Marsha and Dan (2 kids) and Ammon and Alison (3 kids) down there with their families. They just stayed in a hotel near by. We tried to do as much stuff together as you can with a big group and it worked out pretty good.
Thursday night we got there, unpacked and then went to The Texas Roadhouse. It was nice food and conversation, but Casen was so tired that he was a mess and I ended up being outside rocking him to sleep for half the meal. When he does not get a nap, he turns into a madman. So it was not super relaxing. But as I looked around their were families with 5-6 kids all close together in age and I realized I was not so bad off.
Then Friday we went to that really huge park that the kids loved in Bloomington. The adults and kids all brought their bikes, so we used them at any opportunity we could. I did not bring a bike because I had the baby, but most everyone did. We stayed at the park for a few hours and let the kids play. And the husbands all went on a 30 minute bike ride for their morning fun! Then later that afternoon of course we ate at IN-N-OUT. Whenever Matt is with us, we have to eat their at least once a day. I love hamburgers, but not once a day! Then we headed over to the Washington Pool and went swimming for a few hours. The kids loved that and it was nice to have Matt their helping me keep an eye on the kids. This trip my bowels were well, so I could actually get in the water. Then later that night, we went and got dinner and took it to a park. We have found that that is the best way to go. We all eat and then the kids play while the adults hang out and talk. The guys and the older kids even played a game of football at the park. It is amazing how kids never get sick of parks.
Saturday was also an eventful day. We got to go on that same bike ride the guys went on the day before. Dan let me take his place on the bike ride and he watched Casen and a few of the other girls kids and Kelley watched my two older ones at the park. It was fun. I got to stick with Marsha in the back of the pack and it was alot of fun. I do admit I am a wimp and I walked my bike down a few of the hills and I am super cautious, but it was also my first time. I did not fall the whole time until the very end, when we were done, I ran into this guys laid-down bike and skinned up my shin on his tires and spokes. Not to mention I was wearing my daughter Corey's tinkerbell helmet. WOW I looked hot. EMBARRASSING! (Matt insisted I wear a helmet.) Later that day we went to the Red Rock Cliffs and did some climbing and hiking. Then we went over to the fountains at the city buildings to cool off. We also walked to a local bakery store and bought these awesome $1.75 cupcakes. Best I have ever tasted! Half our our group had to leave and go home Saturday night. So we went back to the condo, BBQ some hot dogs and just relaxed the rest of the night. We had had enough sun that day and needed some time to be inside. Then Sunday morning we got up, cleaned up and left to come home around noon. Casen was again terrible in the car, but at least he had 2.. 30 minute naps. I do not know if Matt will ever go on another road trip with Casen. It was a little taxing on the nerves.
So I hope the kids had a fun spring break. Sucks to be home and starting the week all over and it is so depressing because the weather here is still gloomy and cold. When is summer going to be here?I am dying.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Sounds like a fun trip w/sun! I havn't been to St. George in ages!! Feels like I havn't been out of this house in ages ;) But now that the sun is finally attempting to come out maybe soon :) Glad you had a fun family spring break w/good friends! Love the Bunderson family so cute!