Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 18th- Cade Really Turns 5

So today was the real day that Cade turned 5. Matt and I were trying to remember what time I had Cade 5 years ago and what EXACT TIME he really turned 5. I could not remember. Matt guessed about 7 or so at night. Even though I was exhausted from the day before, I wanted to make his day special. So we had to get up a little earlier and we made Chocolate Chip Pancakes, which he did not eat. (Cade does not really eat that great! Even if I let him choose the breakfast or dinner he wanted that day, he would still not eat it or I would have to sit there and spoon feed him..... unless it was a cookie or candy. SO annoying.) Then after breakfast, I let him open a few more presents that we gave him. He got a Cowboy/Saloon set, some NFL football (little) helmets, a GI Joe jet from Jaice's family, a Hot Wheels play set from Halle's family, some water guns, some other laser guns, a Leapster Batman game, a bug catcher net from Corey and a fun little riding scooter from Nanny and Norm. He had a great birthday.
After breakfast and presents, we had to get ready for church. He celebrated at church too. Then we came home and had ribs... which I again had to force him to eat. Then later we did cupcakes again and let him blow out candles and make a wish. His cousins came over later and I actually let them play outside for a couple of hours because it was such a beautiful day. He had a great day!
Oh and to top the weekend off, on Saturday, Cade had a soccer game and their team won 18-1. something like that....we stopped keeping track. It got a little sad for the other team. The other team was just really young. Cade said he scored one of the goals, but I am not so sure. The way his age-group plays...all in a clump... sometimes it is hard to tell who scored. Corey's team tied 4-4 and she did score one of the goals and assisted on another. So proud of the kiddos and how they improve every week and are loving it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: