Thursday, April 15, 2010

First Soccer Games

This time of year is my favorite when soccer season starts and it starts to warm up. I use to play soccer and miss it alot, so it is my favorite sport to watch. Corey got really aggressive and good towards the end of last year, so I am excited to see her again this year. And this is Cade's first year.
Corey is in an older league this year with all girls. They actually play positions and they have a goalie... so it is alot harder to score. And this season, her aunt Lynley and cousin Teisha are her coaches, so I am sure she is loving that! And she is on a team with her twin cousins too, which is always a plus for her. Corey was a little timid this first game, so hopefully she will get a little more confident and agressive with each game.

This is Cade's first year and so he is on a team with one girl and all boys. It is actually Corey's friend Shaina who is the only girl, but she does not mind. But Cade was a little scared this first game and started to cry because he "DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO." So I calmed him down and told him his coach will be out there to help him. Once the game started he was fine. He did dance around the ball a little, but I am sure he will get better as well and more confident as the season goes on. He actually scored a goal. It was funny... he kicked off from the middle of the field and it went straight in. In his league they do not really keep score, so it was not a big deal, but in a real game that would not have counted because it does have to technically touch a player from the other team before it goes in the goal, to count as a goal. But we counted it and Matt gave him a dollar for his goal. Matt was saying Cade reminds him alot of my brother Mike when he was little and played soccer. Matt cracks me up because I think he is ready for his kids to be SO GOOD at sports ... the best on the team, but I have to remind him that they are still young and working on their skills and confidence. It cracks me up! But I can tell they are excited.

And hopefully it will warm up so I can let Casen play outside while we watch the games. He was a pain in the butt at their games because it was freezing and he wanted to be over on the playground. He is too little to be over their alone, but Matt and I want to watch the games. And he will not let me hold him or sit in a stroller when he can see a playground he wants to play on. This could be a tough season for me and Casen. I finally had to go sit in the car and watch the game from the car to keep Casen warm and contained. I am having flashbacks of my other kids at this age and I think this is when I kept my most trim... trying to keep up with them!














1 comment:

Jaimee said...

So fun, love seeing all those cute little one's kicking around! Do you know how young they can start soccer? I need to get Spencer into a sport soon he is soooo energetic!! What's the youngest they can be??