Monday, May 3, 2010

Girls Weekend I SO NEEDED

This past weekend was so fun and so needed. I went down with some neighborhood friends to Provo to the Womens Conference at BYU to get a little spritual uplift and some girl time. It was such a great time. I think every mom needs that time away from her kids to get rejuvenated. And to top it off, we all got to here some great talks from some women who are just like us... moms and wives.



I so needed that spiritual uplift. And it was so much easier to feel the spirit because it was quiet and I did not have kids talking in my ears and crawling all over me. I came home definitely rejuvenated and with a new sense of determination to improve some things in our family life. I guess I have always felt like I needed to be better at a few things like Family Prayer, Family Scripture Study, Companion Prayer, Going to the Temple more, Personal Prayer and Scripture Study and so forth. But it was so good to here that not everyone is perfect and that it takes practice to be consistent. That was probably my favorite topic of the conference was CONSISTENCY. This one lady was so cute... a mother of 11 kids. And my favorite part of her talk was when she explained that they did read the scriptures everyday with their family....but maybe only 1-2 verses... and it took their family 7 years to get through the Book of Mormon, but they got through it. It was so funny! So I think that is what I need to remember is Consistency, not quantity. And then the tasks get easier to do. That is my problem is I am not Consistent. So it was very uplifting and I felt the spirit alot. I left the conference feeling so happy and warm. I wish I could make more spiritual opportunities like this for myself. I also went to a talk about not being so critical of others and accepting people for who they are. And another talk was about loving ouselves and not being so critical of ourselves and comparing ourselves to others. Overall it was very uplifting. I did leave feeling like I have alot to improve on, but I am happy to do it! I just need to do it!
We also had other fun. We ate out ALOT. We ate at Magelbys, Kneaders, Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs and more. I tried to go easy so I would not have to come home and DIET. Never fun! My new favorite food is Lettuce Wraps at PF Changs. First time I ate there and I fell in love. And we went to a concert that was included with the Conference, which was fun. It was NO Faith Hill and Tim McGraw Concert, but it was a GOOD OLD MORMON FUN kind of concert. Entertaining! And we also got to sit around and talk and share stories and play games and get to know each other. I think my favorite part was being able to sit on the couch for longer than 5 minutes without someone calling my name and needing me. And at all the dinners, we actually got to sit and talk and finish conversations. And we also can't forget the SHOPPING. The malls we went too are so much bigger than the Logan Mall that I was overwelmed. But it was awesome. I think I would be in trouble if I had a mall that big in Logan. I am addicted to shopping! I love Clothes!
I love my kids and I love Matt and I missed them and was so excited to come home and see them. But the vacation was so enjoyable and so needed. I got alot out of the conference too about family.....wanting to be nicer to Matt and more complimentary towards him. I want him to know I appreciate him more. And I want to be more patient with my kids. So I was excited to get home and try out my new ideas. But this trip is definitley something we need to do every year. And Casen did fine with his chicken pox while I was gone. And thank you to Matt and my mother-in-law for watching my kids and keeping my house clean and letting me enjoy my Trip.

2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

I need to make that a tradition and get a group to do that each year. The spiritual uplift would be enough, but the getting out with the girls would be a bonus. I need that too! I really want to plan a trip to Vegas or somewhere warm . I just thought Vegas would be fun for hitting some fun shows, shopping and the sun.

Amy said...

The lettuce wraps at PF Changs are Delish!! LOVE THEM! I need to go to one of those conferences. It would do me some good.