Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cabin Fever...... Now Obsessed with being Outside

So funny..... Casen was born in the winter time, January, so last summer he was too young to understand the crappiness of Logan's winter and that come March and April we are all dying for warm weather and sunshine. There are not alot of indoor places to take young kids in Logan in the winter and the few places that we have, have nasty germs creeping all over. So we get CABIN FEVER BAD! I still let my kids go to those places, but I just come home thinking one of them will be sick this week and spread it to the rest of my kids. And then I think to myself "IS IT WORTH IT?" And sometimes it is, just to get the CRAZIES out of the house.

Yeah, so this spring he is a little over a year old and he realizes that the outdoors is something new. The few times I have let him play outside and in the garage, he loves. It is torturous to make him come inside. So now he begs to go outside or in the garage and I am feeling bad because the weather is still not great! So I still have to bundle him up good. And he is still to young to be out there alone, so I have to sit out there with him. Or if his brother or sister or dad goes outside, he has to be out there with them. We are learning that we have to sneak out to get past him or else he has to come with us.

I love it though. He is old enough now to know what he wants. He loves balls too. I think he will be some sort of ball player. The other day, at Panda Express, I was feeding him the fried rice and he kept taking the pees and throwing them like BALLS. I was laughing so hard. Such a boy!

Can you see him waiting at the gate? I use to be able to put toys on this enclosed deck, when Corey was a baby and she would play on the deck all day. But Casen, being a boy, wants to explore and knows it is way better beyond the gate. So he waits at this gate for me to let him out... just like a little puppy. He is going to love summertime! I am excited for summer too!




















1 comment:

Mandy said...

I want a copy of that picture, of him by the ladder. I love it! So CUTE!!