Tuesday, April 6, 2010

EASTER WEEKEND

Yes Spring has arrived.... I GUESS. And Easter is here. In Logan, Easter has come and gone, but it sure does not feel like spring. It has been snowing here like crazy and COLD. All of our local easter egg hunts were outside and in the snow and kids were in snow boots and winter jackets. HOW SAD IS THAT? But kids just love it and they do not let anything affect them or their fun.... NOT EVEN THE WEATHER! I am kind of a scrooge when it comes to being cold and the weather. So we did not go to any local egg hunts, but we still had a fun weekend. We got to go to The Thatchers Easter Party on Friday and my kids loved it. Marsha had so many cute craft ideas and it is so fun to get together with the girls and their kids. It was a hit!
Then Saturday we just hung out around the house and did chores. But that night we had friends and family over and had some good laughs over Jen's OLD SCHOOl Photo Albums. WOW... how times have changed. Toph and Brit were here, Mandy and Regan, Becca and her roommate Rachelle came up from Provo, and Ryan and Kelley came over too. All the kids got to play and hang out and so did the adults. Then it was time for everyone to go home, so the kids could go to bed and get ready for the EASTER BUNNY!
Sunday Morning was fun and the kids did their traditional Easter Egg Hunt and Scavenger Clues Hunt for some extra little treats and treasures. But by mid-morning, the kids were fighting and I was trying to make Easter Dinner Assignments and Matt woke up grumpy and snapped and me and so I was in tears. WHY WAS I SO EMOTIONAL? I do not know. No, I am not prego. I just always want to make everyone happy and when things don't run smoothly, then I get upset! So I was overwhelmed with all the confusion and broke into tears. But I needed the cry, felt better after, and had a great afternoon. We went over to Nan's for dinner, Halle's (cousin) belated birthday party, Easter Egg Hunt, and just hanging out. The food was awesone. I always wish I had a bigger stomach around the holidays so I could get more food down. I always end up too full on the holidays, but doesn't everybody?
I love hanging out with family and friends! It is so much fun! We also got to watch some of General Conference on Saturday and Sunday. There were some really good talks I needed to hear on being a good example, motherhood, reading our scriptures, etc. I always feel so enlightened after conference. I do want to go back and listen to a few more of the talks, cause with kids around the house and Easter the same weekend, I did not get to listen to it all. But overall it was a great weekend. I hate to see family go home. I always miss them. I love having at least one of my family members here on the holidays, so I was so happy Becca came up! Love ya!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dan and Marsha said...

jen st. george was so fun, i forget how much i miss you and your family, it has been awhile since we've done something fun with your family and i love hanging out with you! let's do it, a tradition at least once a year, i would do it twice two!!