Sunday, August 29, 2010

Juvenile Diabetes Walk- Suporting Teisha & Chad




Posted by Picasa
In Logan, Saturday Morning, they held the Annual Juvenile Diabetes Walk. We go every year to support my niece Teisha and her dad Chad (Matt's older brother). Teisha's mom, Lynley started the diabetes walk, here in Logan, about 7-8 years ago. It was a big task, but every year it gets bigger and bigger and more money is donated! The walk is to raise money to help find a cure for the disease. We love Teisha and Chad and know that it is a hard disease to live with. We would never wish it on anybody. But they are living great lives and have learned to live with the disease, but it would sure be nice to find a cure and get rid of it forever.
My kids love going to it every year. They have fun music and entertainment. And they love wearing matching T-shirts and hanging out with the cousins. This year, they were quite independent, Corey and Cade, and walked the walk with the bigger kids up front. Me, Matt, Casen, Nan, Mandy and her family, all walked somewhere in the middle of the pack. We could not keep up with the younger ones. It was probably a 3 mile walk.... I think. It is fun to see all the families and their matching t-shirts, supporting their families. I was sad I did not even get a pic of Teisha this year, with the kids. Sorry Teish.
It was nice to be with Matt's family to such an important event. Every year, it gets emotional when you hear some of the kids speak and tell their stories about the disease. The event that gets me every year, is when they play a pretty song and let all the kids with diabetes let balloons go into the air...with that hope for a cure. That gets me every year, and especially this year. Being prego makes me really emotional...so quick to cry. And when I start crying I have a hard time stopping. But we love our Teisha and Chad and were so glad we could support them again this year.

No comments: