Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tooth Fairy Time

Losing teeth for kids is the greatest thing ever. I get that. They are so excited for the tooth fairy to come and leave a little treat under their pillow. But it can be a very scary time for parents. Losing Corey's bottom teeth was no big deal, but the front teeth. SCARY! These teeth are right in the front and actually show! Hopefully they grow in OK.
Corey and Cade spent the night at their cousins the other night and when she came home her tooth was finally gone. It has been loose for awhile now, but she was just too scared to pull it out. It was even starting to rott. So aunt Lynley helped her pull it out. She was so excited to surprise me.
But now I am worried for it growing back in. With this tooth gone... it makes the other front tooth look huge. I have just seen some kids grow in huge front BUCK teeth and I am nervous for her. I grew in some pretty big teeth at that age. Hopefully they grow in normal. Corey has had issues with her teeth anyways...growing in crooked...so I am a little nervous. Kids can be so mean these days....that is why I worry as a mother.
But she was so excited. We had to go a few places that day...and she kept asking me "If people would still recognize her?" I just had to laugh. Yes..honey you look the same, just tooth less. And we went over to a neighbors house who has kids in her class last year and she kept wondering why no one was noticing. I just had to laugh. She thought she looked completely different!
Wish her Luck!Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

I don't think you should worry so much about what her teeth are going to look like. She is just losing them and so are all the other kids her age. Most kids have funny looking teeth that eventually correct themselves and if not, that is why we have orthodontists. She is a cutie!, missing teeth and all.