Friday, August 13, 2010

Shoving A Few More Activities into Summer











I can't believe there are only 2 more weeks of summer before the kids start school. It is making me sad. And yeah I am tired being prego and all, but I keep telling myself that once school starts...I will get a major break from kids and activities....so we are trying to squeeze in a few more activities before summer is over.
Last Saturday we met some friends down in Draper and tried out that Cowabunga Bay Water Park. It was way fun to see our friends...the Wilcocks and the Bundersons, but the weather was terrible. It was hot, but windy and overcast. So we were all freezing. We only stayed about 3 hours because all the adults were having to hang out in the kiddy PEE pool just to stay warm. My older 2 kids loved the slides and they were so brave and went on all of them. The water was chilling....Matt attested to that. He got to go on some of the slides with the kids. The lazy river was also warm. And it was nice that Cade could touch in the water....so they just kept checking in with me every couple of minutes....So it was nice! I would love to go again, but with warmer weather. Maybe next year!
We also took another pool day this week with the Bundersons and our neighbor Alyson....trying to get those last pool days in and our last summer tans. The kids really do have fun just being in the water and playing together. They also are big enough now to go on the slides by themselves, which makes it nice. Next summer might be a little rough for me with a 5 month old and a 2.5 year old. I guess Casen will just have to get use to wearing a life jacket ALL THE TIME. Even this time he would get a little brave and walk out to where the kids were playing and I would have to make a MAD MOM DASH out to rescue him cause he had FALLIN AND COUDLN'T GET UP. So annoying. I wish he would just swim next to me. Still did not get much of a tan! But oh well...it feels good to bask in the sun and be in the water!
Then just yesterday...I took the kids down to Ogden to the Childrens Museum. The older kids liked it and so did Casen. They do not let you bring strollers on the main floor, so Casen was free to run around and I just had to follow him. The other kids wandered together and checked in with me every so often...or if they wanted to show me something they had made or discovered. And then sometimes they would hang out with me and Casen and let me snap a few pics. (Notice I did not get any pics of the pool or Cowabunga Bay...BUMMER!) But after 3 hours or so...mom was bored and hungry and so I managed to sneak them out of there with not too much complaining. I think my kids favorite part everytime is the ART CENTER. They love crafts and projects. They got to make GLITTER EGGS yesterday. So fun! My favorite was the Indian Tepee.
Need to think of a few more fun nearby activities that we can squeeze in before summer is OFFICIALLY OVER! I guess we are saving camping for September when Daddy is not so busy! I think this weekend is the rodeo and the FAIR. Maybe we will mosey on over and check it out!




No comments: