Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Casen Finally Made the Growth Chart

Yesterday, Casen had his 18 month get-well check up, even though he is almost 20 months, but to say the least...I came home so PROUD and excited. My child is not starving anymore. He made the growth chart. YEAH!!!!!
He weighed in at a big 22 lbs even, which was 10% weight. I know 10% does not sound like alot, but he has always been under 5%. I could tell my dr. was excited for me. Maybe it is because he actually eats a few things now....eggos with syrup, chicken nuggets, Lucky Charms, Cheetos, yogurt.... Anyway, he has gained a little weight and mommy is excited!
And another excitement in the Thompson family...he was 33 inches in height, which was 75% in height. WHAT? A Thompson that might have a little height? No I am not getting excited. My kids flucuate on the charts all the time. But it was still exciting for me. Sad that my baby is getting bigger, but excited that he is healthy and growing!
I ask myself, why that is such a big deal for a mom? I guess as mom's we just always want the best for our children and when they do not eat alot or are picky eaters, we just worry about their health. So yesterday put me at ease for the next 5 months, till his 2 year check -up. Hopefully with Christmas and the Holidays in December he will keep the weight on and still be on the growth chart!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Toph and Brittany said...

Congrats! It is definitely exciting when you know they are growing and healthy, especially when they are picky eaters. I know, I have one of those!

Unknown said...

He's a doll at every size! Hope you are starting to feel a little better! And its on my list of things to do tomorrow to send you your money. {Sorry I've been slacking!}