Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trip to California- Sunday Family BBQ

This weekend was actually really special because all my siblings were together again for 3 days. Becca had flown down a week before us for another friends wedding, Em flew in a day before I did, Mike came down from LA to stay for a few days and Steph just lives 40 minutes or so from my parents house. So we were all there together and it was so much fun and it felt so good to be together again. The last time we were all together was Em's wedding, 1.5 years ago.
So we had a Sunday BBQ at my parents house and we even broke out the Ping Pong Paddles and had a little competition to see who could hit it back and forth the most times without it hitting the ground. So much fun. Mike and Dad were the champions. (Pregnant brain- can't even remember the amount of times they hit it.) But the food was good, the cousins all got along and played together well, we all had some more time to spend with Becca's boyfriend and get to know him better, and Steph and Becca even broke out some old high school cheer moves. I decided not to join them because my 80 year old feeling body was not up to it, but I did manage to get a few ping pong games in with Em.
And Casen this trip was so funny. He started CHEEZING for all of grandma's photos. He was posing for all the pics. It was so funny and so cute. He never does that for me. All in all it was a fun night, but of course after each day or each event we did I was exhausted and ready to get my kids in bed and hit the pillow. Matt even said I was neglecting to call him everynight and say good night, but I was seriously that tired.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: