Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fun Weekend @ The Logan Fair/Rodeo




This weekend at the fair was really fun for the kids. Last year we did not get to go to the fair. I think we were out of town and the kids were way bummed. So this year we promised them that we would go.
Friday night, just our family headed over to the fair and let our kids go on a few rides. WOW, those rides are pricey. So they only got to choose a few rides each. I am not much of a "Stay-at-the-fair-all-day" kind of person...I like to go at night, when it is shady and not so freakin hot. Plus the lines are so long and the rides are not all that safe! I would rather spend the money and go to Lagoon. But for some reason...the kids love it. Casen was loving all the lights...He did not whine once that he was not getting to go on rides. I did take him on the Carousel...which was a pain in the butt getting him off. He threw a fit. And it cost $6. They charged me just to stand there with him and make sure he did not fall off. Freakin rip off. But he loved it.
Then Saturday night, we went with Matt's family...his brother Toph and his family and his sister Mandy and her family. We met at the fair and ate dinner on the grass and let the kids dance...the most relaxing part of the whole night....I could have sat there for hours and just talked and relaxed. But we had to get over to the rodeo...which was fun for the first hour, but after that Casen was terrible and my other kids got antsy...so we all left early to go over to the fair for a little while before we went home. That is when we went and saw all the farm animals, which the kids loved. Then we walked around the ride section of the fair again and decided we'd call it a night. It was fun to be with the family...even though Mandy ended up going to the hospital that night with stomach pains....and towards the end all the babies started falling apart...and that was OUR SIGN TO LEAVE! Plus the pregos were warn out and tired. It was fun, but every year I tell myself how I would do the fair differently the next year....go earlier, no rodeo, and just sit on the grass and eat and let the kids play...and buy a wrist band early for the kids to go on more rides. The fair is the fair I guess and KIDS LOVE IT NO MATTER WHAT!Posted by Picasa

No comments: