Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cade's First Day of Kindergarten



So Cade finally got to start school and boy was I glad. He had started to tease Casen all day long and he was bugging me too. I could just tell he was READY! On Thursday, Sept. 2nd., he started his first day of kindergarten. The night before, which was Wednesday...I thought he was going to have a hard time falling asleep, but he is not like Corey...he fell right to sleep. And it was so cute.. in the morning, after my alarm went off and I had to wake the kids up, when I went into his room, Corey struggled to get up, but Cade was up and out of bed in a matter of 5 seconds. He was so excited. And he was just beaming all morning from ear to ear.
He wanted to ride the bus with Corey and his friend Mathew, so we let him do it. We drove down to the bus stop..with Casen too and watched Cade get on the bus. I think he was more excited for the bus then he was school, but it still all sounded fun to him. I think he is feeling more grown up and he wants to be like Corey in all that she does. So I just told Corey to make sure he got to class Ok and did not get lost.
It was weird... I thought I would be more sad when my kids started kindergarten, but I can tell how happy and excited they are, so I feel happy and excited too, for them. I was so excited for him. Standing at the bus stop, he had the biggest smile on his face. I was just laughing. I have not seen him that excited in a long time, except for at Christmas time.
After noon, I went and waited at the bus stop for him...only had to wait 20 minutes or so. They were just a little late. But he looked so cute getting off the bus. You could tell he had had a fun day and coundn't wait to go back. He was pretty bummed too when he found out they had no school Monday for Labor Day. He was too excited to go back and didn't want a day off. He loves his teacher, he loves the bus, he even went on a Bear Hunt the first day. He told me the only thing he was bummed about was that he wished he could eat lunch at school, in the cafeteria. I am so glad we started him this year. He was so ready. He would have been so bored in another year of preschool. In fact, at his kindergarten assessment with his teacher, Mrs. Peterson, the same teacher Corey had....he knew 21 Alphabet letters. I was amazed. About 2 months ago, at his other pre-k assessment, he only knew 7. So the summer was good to Cade. Not sure how....but he got smarter.
And lastly,did you see Casen in the porch picture? So freakin funny...Apparently he was excited for Cade to go to school too. No more Cade teasing him for 6 hours straight!Posted by Picasa

No comments: