Thursday, August 26, 2010

Corey's First Day of 2nd Grade



Corey was so excited for school this morning. She actually went to bed great last night. Usually when she is excited for something...she has a hard time falling asleep. But this morning was hard for both of us to get up. We have to get up about 1 hour earlier. It was not fun! But she picked out her outfit last night and I curled her hair this morning (only on the first day and special occasions do I curl hair. )She was so excited. I took her down to the bus stop and off she went.
We met her teacher the other night at Back to School Night and I think she will love her. She is this nice gentle grandma looking lady named Mrs. Checketts. I loved her at the First Impression the other night. So we will see. Her cousins did not get in her class this year, but they are right next door, so that will be fun. And she has 2 girls in her class that she knows really well...Tyler and Brooklyn (for the 3rd year in a row they have been in the same class). Hopefully she comes home with good news and a fun day. She was so excited about the new school (change of schools) and eating in the cafeteria and recess...of course.
Cade is missing her and so is Casen... Cade starts Kindergarten next Thursday. There has been no fighting today and I guess it is because Cade has no one to fight with. But Casen is really going to be lonely when they are both gone. Good thing Cade is only gone half day... I can tell he is anxious and excited too. He is just waiting for Corey to come home, but suprisingly he has kept himself busy today, with no complaining. I do miss Corey. It is a long day without her, but a break from the fighting is nice!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Aah, I can't believe my Corey Cues is in 2nd grade. I love that little girl! I really think she should have been mine.

Thompson Family said...

No Way! Glad you have that bond with her still!