Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trip to California - Aquarium & Oceanside Pier

My kids and I did have a couple days alone with me and my sister Em and my parents. I feel like my kids sometimes need that one on one time with grandma and grandpa to get to know them better. In fact Casen really warmed up to my mom this trip and she really cried when we had to leave. And I got teary too. My mom said that he was a little toddler this time and not a baby since she last saw him in April. And she was sad she was missing him grow up.
But I did take my kids to this Aquarium in Carlsbad. It was Ok. Not worth the money, but the kdis still enjoyed it. I thought it would be a little more hands on, but not so much. Casen was loving it. I don't know if he was so intrigued by everything or if he was just excited to be out of his stroller, but he was running around and OOOOHHHing and AAAWWWing at everything. So funny. Wish I had it on video. There were tons of fish, sea horses, starfish and snails. There was even jellyfish and an octopus and sharks and sting rays, but the whole aquarium took about an hour to walk through and that was it. Sea World is way better to see Sealife and worth the money you have to spend there. But we did get some good coupons from my thrifty sis Em. So that helped.
That night my parents took us for a walk on the Oceanside Pier and to dinner at the cute little diner Rubys at the end of the pier. It was pretty fun! The pier was quite impressive because there were a ton of people there, strange ones included, and so many people fishing. They were all catching a ton of fish, but little ones. So we were not sure if it was for sport or for dinner that all these people were fishing. But all the fishy smells were really making me feel yucky and I was starving. So I was just excited to get inside the restaurant and eat. It was just like a hamburger/fries/shake kind of place. So we all ate and enjoyed our food and headed back home. But yeah like I said before...Is it really summertime when you have to wear a sweatshirt at night because it is chilly?



Posted by Picasa

No comments: