Sunday, May 23, 2010

My 31st Birthday




So I had a really good birthday. I first had my sister Becca remember my bday when I saw her on Wednesday and she surprised me with a cupcake and a gift certificate to Old Navy. What a sweetheart. She really did not need to do that..... I do not expect gifts from a "Starving Student." Isn't that what they are called? No I love her and it really meant alot.
Then Thursday night, I had some friends take me out for dessert to Chillis and it was so much fun. It is always fun to get out for a night with the girls and have some fun conversation. I really did appreciate them for setting that up. The gifts were fun and my brownie ice cream dessert was so freakin good. WOW! I am going to go back for that dessert another time. While I was gone, Matt took the kids to go and buy me a gift. (I told him I already did him a favor and bought my Mothers Day gifts from the kids to me.... and that I was not going to buy my own birthday gifts. Which then scares me...sending Matt and the kids out to buy me a gift.) But they did awesome. Apparently Corey was paying attention at Lowe's, which we had been to earlier that day buying some garden stuff. I had walked by the patio furniture which I always love to look at and had said a few things that I had liked. Who knew my kids were paying attention? They were all over the patio furniture and up and down the isles....I cannot believe she knew which ones I liked. So they next morning the kids surprised me with a cute little table and 4 chairs for our deck (to eat summer dinners on). (Corey even knew that I wanted the round table and not the square one. She is so observant, which she gets from her dad... NOT ME. I am so not observant. Well only with things that I want to be observant about.... Peoples Outfits.... Clothes... etc.)
So it was sweet. They surprised me with the table and chairs in the morning and then I had to send them off to school. The day consisted of errands and phone calls. I think I was on the phone all day from people calling to wish me a happy bday and then we would talk for awhile. It was fun to catch up with everyone. And then the kids wanted to make me a cake on their own. So I let them... with a little help. Then Nanny came over to babysit and they fininshed the cake and had 1/3 of it eaten before I got home. I GAVE THEM PERMISSION!
Matt and I got to go to dinner at Cafe Sabor. My favorite.... Mexican food. The secretary of our apartments works there and she told us to come in and she would spoil us. She sure did. She stuffed us.... with her favorite appetizer, chips, her favorite meal, and even a bday dessert. You could have rolled me out of there.... I think I gained 5 lbs. that night. But I was feeling OK about it because it was my bday. Then afterwards... I wanted to go and see that movie Juliets Letters, but it was sold out... so we ended up seeing Iron Man... which I am sure Matt was so stoked about. But it was actually really good and I enjoyed it.
So all in all my bday was good and special. But now I need another day to call my bday and just to sit on the couch all day and do nothing, but read magazines, books and watch my favorite TV shows. Can't believe I am 31... 9 more years till 40. AHHHHH!
Oh and the pics are a few of the presents I received. I love hats if you cannot tell and I got 2 new ones for my birthday... one from my sister-in-law Lynley and her family and the other one from my neighbor and awesome friend Kelley. Thanks again everyone for making my bday so special!

















1 comment:

Toph and Brittany said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I am so sorry I didn't call you. I did send you something though. I hope you like it!