Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Coreys End of the year Program - 1st Grade

So I went and saw Corey's end of the year 1st grade program and I was so proud of her. They each had to get up and do a book report for the class and they did a couple of songs for us too.

I was really nervous for Corey when I heard she had to do a book report in front of her whole class and all the parents. They even had to use a microphone. She acted so confident and did not forget any of the words. She did awesome. Afterwards when I was asking her about it.... she said she did feel like she was going to throw up before she had to do her report. So I told her that I could not tell she was scared and she totally pulled it off and did awesome and looked confident. I was so proud of her. I have always been a little worried that it would slow her down her whole adult life.... always being nervous to get up in front of crowds. But this confirmed that she might always be nervous, but that she can still do it and do it good! So I was a proud mom.

She also had a part in one of her songs where she had to remember a few hard words.....measles and castor oil. She did good on that too and totally remembered her song. It was fun to see her actively engaged in school and succeeding. And she really did like her teacher Ms. Follett too. And Ms. Follett always had nice things to say about Corey too at the teacher/parent conferences. But I am also glad that school is coming to an end and that summer is near... if the weather would get warmer. Can't believe Corey is going to be in 2nd grade next year. Crazy, huh?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: