Sunday, May 16, 2010

COREY'S LATE NIGHT FRIEND PARTY

Corey had her friend/cousin bday party on Friday. It was called a LATE NIGHT PARTY because it was from 6:30-9:30. I was not going to do a Slumber Party, plus alot of people in the neighborhood do not let their kids do sleepovers, which I think is actually a good idea. It was a little stressful all day because it was raining for part of the day and we were planning on using the rented bounce house and using the hot tub. Parties are always alot of work planning and cleaning up, but the kids always love it and it is so worth it.

All the girls said they had so much fun! We first let the kids play on the bounce house and in the backyard. Then we had them eat a light dinner I prepared.....sandwhiches, fruit, veggies and dip, chips, cookies, etc. It seems like kids never eat at parties because they are so excited and distracted. At least my kids do not eat. But the kids ate pretty good. Then we had them go in the garage and make these CARNIVAL SAND CRAFTS that I found at Hobby Lobby. And we also played a few games....BALLOON POP and SOCCER GOAL KICK. Then after that, we had the kids come in and watch Corey open her gifts.....which never takes very long. (Have you ever noticed how kid birthday parties move from one activity to the next so fast? U really have to be on your toes the whole party.) After presents we let the kids get dressed in their swimsuits and use the hot tub. That was a little scary. Our hot tub is huge, but with 12 kids in there, I was watching each kid go under and come up. (I was just realizing how stressful a lifeguarding job would be). I had to make a few rules, NO JUMPING IN or RUNNING AROUND THE HOT TUB, to prevent injury. All the kids made it out safe, which was a relief. After hot tub time, the kids had cupcakes and ice cream. And then we finished up with the girls getting in their PJS and watching 1/2 of a movie. They picked out the TOOTHFAIRY with THE ROCK actor (Dwayne Johnson). Really cute show! By the end of the night I was pooped and in no mood to clean up. During the party it did rain a little on and off, so we had to play all the games in the garage and the bounce house was wet for a bit and we had to towel dry it off, but the weather was not too cold and when we used the hot tub, the rain had stopped. So it sucked that the weather was not perfect, but it did not ruin the party.

I could tell the kids had fun, but I had to take a few girls home..... clean up a little bit and take down the Bounce House and return it that night. (The owner needed it for a rental in the morning on Saturday.) So we cleaned up as good as we could and put the kids to bed and crashed!

I was excited that everything went as planned (well almost everything) and that all the kids got along, but by the middle of May I am so pooped out by birthdays that I don't even get excited for my bday a week later. All I want to do is go out on a date....something easy... no planned parties (Unless I am not the planner). Still can't believe my little girl is 7. I feel so old!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: