Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Humble Mom Moment

So I had better hurry and write about this moment while it it still fresh in my mind, so I do not forget about it later. Corey is having to make a VERY HARD DECISION (for an almost 7 year old girl). She has having to decide whether to go to her soccer game on Saturday, which she loves or to go to her Dance Pictures. (They are at the same time... even a super mom could not make it to both events). So she has been crying all morning about it, moping around the house because she cannot stop thinking about it and does not know what to do. So I sent her to her room because she was driving me crazy. I told her she had the rest of the week to make the decision. So when she came back out of her room, still crying, I told her to "maybe go and say a prayer about it".. to ask Him to help her make a decision. She told me that she had Already Prayed about it... in her room. My heart just melted; thinking maybe I am getting through to my kids... maybe I am teaching them something....maybe they are listening and learning at church. I felt a great sense of accomplishment as a mom... which does not come as often as it should.

2 comments:

Dan and Marsha said...

jen i just love you, you are such an amazing mom, i love your little family, love watching you guys grow and enjoy life! can't wait to hang out again, hope casen survived the chicken pox poor kid!

MARNIE HAMMOND said...

so sweet. jen you are an amazing mom and you guys have some pretty adorable kids too