Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day in SLC- with Auntie Becca

That same day as Corey's field trip, I picked her up a little early from school to meet Becca in SLC. We met at the Gateway Mall and then found our way over to Sugarhouse Park. (Becca was in town for the day, taking a friend to the airport and visiting her boyfriend JR) The park was awesome and we got so lucky with great weather. It was the most pretty park and it was huge. There was a massive pond with ducks. I made sure to bring some bread. The park had a couple playgrounds for kids. There was also a 1.5 mile trail around the whole park. There were tons of people running, walking, biking, rollar blading and all sorts around this trail. And there was so much grass. I kept feeling bad for the person who has to mow all that. I wish we had a park like this by our house. We were actually there a couple of hours. Becca and I got to catch up too and got to talk. JR joined us later too at the park. We did alot of people watching too while the kids played on the playground. There was this group that was all dressed up in medieval clothes and they were having a sword battle. It was crazy. I did not know people really did that kind of stuff. Is that considered a hobby? I love people watching.
After the park, we went back over to the gateway and had dinner at CPK. It was nice enough weather we got to eat outside and my kids actually ate their dinners. It was amazing. That park must have really wore them out and got them hungry. Even Casen ate. Then we said our goodbyes. Oh, Becca gave me a really nice card and gift certificate for my bday and she brought me and Corey some really good cupcakes too. So after our goodbyes, I got the kids all tucked in their seats, and they all crashed on the way home. That is the best ending to a day for a mom, is complete silence in the car! Great ending to a spectacular day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: