Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Corey's 7th Birthday- Family Party




I can't believe I actually have a 7 year old daughter. It makes me feel so old. Anyway, I wanted to make Corey's day special, even though we were awaiting the news of Norms test results... which luckily turned out to be good news. So first of all Sunday night, she was so anxious for her birthday, that I knew she would not sleep, so I let her open up one of her smaller presents. Then Monday morning, the 10th, she wanted crepes for breakfast with the special Birthday plate. So we did make crepes and I did let her open up one more present, but we ended up being late for school. I could not fit it all in.
Then while she was at school, me and Cade made her some cupcakes, bought some balloons and decorated the house. Then when she came home from school she was so excited and asked me a million times if she could open her presents. But of course, being the mean mom I am, I made her wait till after dinner. We met the whole family for dinner... even Brit and Toph were in town awaiting Norms news. So we all went to dinner which was nice. We went to Texas Roadhouse and Corey even sat on the saddle. I really did not think she would do it, but she did. I was so proud of her. (On the way to dinner, she told me she felt sick... thinking she was going to have to sit on the saddle. I told her to quit being a wuss. She takes after Matt and gets anxious over silly things.) Then after dinner, we had to say bye to Toph and Brit and Halle and then we went up to our house for a quick 15 minutes to open gifts and eat cupcakes and ice cream.
So all in all it was a good day and a good night and I think Corey was pleased. I let her and Cade stay up until 10 or so to play with a few of her new presents. I might pay for that tomorrow, but it is her birthday and you can break the rules on birthdays. She is also super excited for her friend party on Friday. Hope the weather turns out NICE! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Corey! I'm glad everything is OK with Matt's dad too.