Thursday, June 10, 2010

YEAH SHE GOT A HIT !!!!

So Corey had another baseball game the other night and I was so nervous for her. Her previous game... we played the other nieghborhood team and she struck out 3 times. She was so sad. The very last strike out... she came out crying...she could not hold back the tears.
So this last game...everytime she got up to bat... I got a stomach ache... just hoping she would hit it. She is so competitive, yet so emotional at the same time. I was just so worried. And we even had the talk..that she needs to toughen up and you can't cry about sports or get so stressed out about a game. And I told her...even if she did not get on base and at least just hit it..that would be awesome.
So the first time up to bat... she hit it, but they did get her out at 1st base. She came off the base trying to hold back the tears. So I walked over to her and she get kinda pushing me away...wanting me to go away so she would not cry even more. And she said, "Mom I am crying because I am Happy. I hit the ball." I think she had so much pent up emotion...she was crying over happiness. All that pressure of hitting the ball was now gone! She puts so much pressure on herself. It stresses me out. So I was so happy for her. And I think she loosened up a bit after awhile and we had a better pitcher. She hit the other 2 times up to bat and got on base and got to run all the bases. OH good... we got past the first stressor of baseball. Now hopefully next game.. this same guy can pitch so Corey can hit it and we can all be happy!
But the reason I wrote this blog... is because as a mom or as parents.. you want so bad for your children to succeed. And when they are hurting so are we. So last game and this game when she cried, I felt so sad for her. And especially this game... everytime she hit it... I teared up and my voice was cracking when I talked. I was so emotional over a 7 year olds coach pitch game. But I was just so relieved that she hit it. WOW! I must be getting older!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

Good for Corey! I always cry when I hear my son play his violin in concerts. He has such a talent for it. He wants to quit now ( life is getting too busy) and I want to cry again because I will loose that feeling.

With Sports. My Avery is like Corey. He wants to score, kick the ball and just do well. This last season in soccer, we had to emphasize the importance of having fun and being a team player. He did so good and learned to be happy for others and accept if he didn't always get to be the one making it all happen. It can get way too stressful for the kids to think that they have to succeed to be good.

Corey is still small, but learning already. What a great moment for her to hit it, get out and still be happy about what she was able to do.