Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some Summer Fun

So today was the last day of swim lessons...hooray for me. It was just getting hard trying to chase Casen around and it was not great weather for pool time after their lessons. So I was glad it was over. Corey is really quite a strong swimmer and Cade is getting better. I was impressed!

But we have tried to do a few fun things with the kids... we had a fun slip-n-slide day with some neighbor kids the other day. I also took my kids to go and see that movie MARMADUKE with the huge GREAT DANE DOG. It was pretty entertaining.

And a few fun things that I got some pics of.... I took the kids to this new ice cream place called Sub Zero. They make the ice cream with Dry Ice. It is pretty awesome. The kids really liked it. Casen chose his bottle over the ice cream, although he did have a few bites towards the end and realized what he was missing out on.

Casen really is so adorable and at a really fun age right now. He is into everything though and on top of everything. He loves to climb on all our bar stools and counters. And he likes to carry around boxes of chips, crackers, cookies, cereal... you name it... which makes for a very big mess. But he is so funny and makes the funniest facial expressions. He makes us all laugh!

Another fun activity we did was grow our own butterflies. We sent away for the larvae and watched them make their own cocoons. Then we watched them develop into butterflies...kept them for a few days and then let them go. It was very easy and the kids were so entertained by the whole thing.They actually all survived and flew away so strong. It was really cool for the kids and for me. I guess these butterflies were the closest thing to a pet, for the kids, because we are not getting a pet for awhile.

We are enjoying summer, but we just wish it would warm up and quit raining. We do still have about 2.5 weeks of baseball left. It is really fun too, but I guess I am ready for some down time and a vacation. California in July... Can't wait!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: