Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend


The start of our Memorial Weekend was fun.... I had a date in SLC with 4 of my roommates and friends from Ricks College on Friday. We were suppose to meet at Sugarhouse Park around 1:00 PM with lunch and all that. I even brought balloons and some cupcakes for my roommate Sarah because her birthday is coming up. (Oh by the way, I forgot to take pics of this event. I am so sad). Well it ended up raining, of course. Our whole spring has been rain and bad weather. I am so over it.

So we met at the local McDonalds because it had a playground. Oh ,did I forget to mention that we all brought our kids too. There was 10 kids between the 5 of us. So we had a good time talking and catching up and celebrating birthdays, but you can only stay at McDonalds for so long... so after about 3 hours... we said our goodbyes.

Well... as a matter of fact.... today... Friday was Matt and I's anniversary... our 11th. But I gave him permission to go on a short bike trip to St. George and miss our anniversary. We would make it up the next weekend. So I was with my kids... on the way home...around dinner time... and I suggested we go to Chuckee Cheese for dinner. SO YES... I was at Chuckee Cheese with my kids on my 11th anniversary. Sad, huh?
Anyway, because of the weekend being Memorial Weekend... it was not crowded. So we stayed for about 2 hours and Becca and her boyfriend JR met us there too .They were following us home to stay for the weekend. So we had a good day, but I was ready to get my kids home, showered of all the McDonalds and Chuckee Cheese germs and into bed.

Saturday was fun too. We all went out to Grandpa's house to see him for awhile and to visit the graves. We did take a few pics and put our flowers out, but because of the rain, we did not stay long and promised grandpa we would come back Sunday... when the weather was better. So on the way home from grandpas, we stopped at the mall and messed around a little. Corey got her ears pierced a year early. I told her she had to wait till she was 8. But she was so brave and she did not even cry. She loves them and has been so responsible to clean them 3 times a day. We fooled around too taking pics and trying out the Tornado Simulator. So not worth the $2. Can you tell we were bored because of the rain? All of our plans got screwed up, so we were hanging out at the Cache Valley Mall.. not for long though. Then afterwards we went out to eat at Firehouse and we all shared a Bazookie Cookie dessert after dinner. It was a fun day, but again I was ready to get home and get the kids in bed and relax.

Daddy was getting home tonight, LATE. The kids tried to wait up for him, but they both fell asleep. They kids were trying to wait up for daddy because they missed him and they wanted to see his new truck he bought in St. George. (I will post pics later. Forgot!)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy said...

I seriously can't believe that none of us thought to take pictures. So sad...but it was still great to see you. Thanks for driving down from Logan to come hang!