Friday, June 4, 2010

Enjoying my 30's

The other night before I went to bed, I was saying my prayers and thanking the Lord for everything I have been blessed with. And I got thinking about how much I am enjoying my life right now. I started thinking of other people in my life and the trials they are going through that I have already been through at their age, and I was actually glad to be in my 30's. I always thought getting older would be terrible, but so far it is not. (Well when my body does not perform as athletically as it use to, it is frustrating, but for the most part... I am doing OK).

I love my life right now. Everything is just going really smoothly and we have alot of fun things going on right now that just bring joy to my life.

Matt and I are getting along really well right now and seeing eye to eye on alot of things. I really do get excited when he gets to be home spending time with me and the kids. I love seeing him involved with the kids and wanting to be at all their sporting activities and helping them improve their playing. Or if we have a holiday weekend and we get to see him more. He is such a hard worker and he is always telling me new ideas he has to improve our lives our our yard, etc. He is just always trying to make our family happy and stable. I love him so much!

I love my house and my neighborhood. I love our lot and our backyard. Who would ever know how happy a backyard and grass could make a person? I have also made some really good and fun friends in this neighborhood. We have alot of fun get-togethers. We also have met a family in this neighborhood that we just love to get together with. We have so much in common with them and it is just fun!

My kids are of course a huge joy in my life too. I love watching them grow up, but I am also sad at the same time because as I look back it is going by so fast. But I love watching them progress in school and sports. Don't get me wrong.. we do have our bad days where there is way too much fighting, but for the most part... it is just expected in Motherhood. I love going to all my kids sporting events , school events, and dance events and being a part of that. We get to be outside and hang out and talk with our neighbors. (They are all on teams with the neighbors). I just love springtime and summertime and being outside. And I love to see my kids enjoy acitivites and get passionate about them. I have a feeling that my little girl is going to be more sporty than a dancer. But we will see.

And Casen right now is just so fun! He is so adorable. There are even nights where I just love to sit and hold him. He is in that stage where he is not much of a snuggler because he is a busy body all day long, but occassionally he will snuggle when it is bedtime. And he is learning new things. He loves animals right now...horses, cows, dogs. I am so excited to take him to the San Diego Zoo this summer when we go and visit my family.

The only thing I am sad about is I miss my siblings and my parents all the time. I wish we lived closer so we could see each other more. But thank heavens for free minutes and cell phones. My 30's is really a great time in life for me right now. I think I would have to say MY MOST FAVORITE AGE. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

It's good to remember what we are blessed with. We do have hard working hubbies. It's great to acknowledge them and even write it down to always remember. I love the 30's too!