Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weekend in SLC- Daddy in Alaska

So while Matt was in Alaska, I went down and stayed with Em in Pleasant Grove with her hubby Steven and their dog Mya, in a 1 bedroom apt. It was not bad. My kids actually did well and it was fun to get to stay with Em and see how here day-to-day schedule goes. I was lucky too because my sister Steph and her family was visiting. They have moved to CA, so I was lucky that we got to see them and hang out with them for a few days.

So these pics are not great because I let Matt take my good camera to Alaksa and I got one of those disposable pieces of CRAP! So this was all I got. But it was so much fun!

We got to go to a water park in Lindon with Em and Steph and the kids. I actually had a touching moment there because Corey had to pass a swim test to go on the water slide by herself, with no adults. So the first time she did not pass because she could not see and did not have her goggles. The lifegaurd let her take it again with the goggles and she did pass. The last 1/4 of the lap she had to swim, I was tearing up, cheering her on. I knew how bad she wanted this and I hate to see my kids struggle or get scared. It was a happy moment when she PASSED!
But it was so fun to get to see the kids play together and get to talk to my sisters.

We also went swimming at this amazing gym called Lifetime. And that was great too!
We went to this place called Kangaroo Zoo and the kids just bounced on those "bounce houses" for 4 hours. They went to sleep good that night.

My kids and I took a night and slept over at my friends house and let the kids have a "long-awaited sleepover" that they have been planning .They live so far away that it has never worked out. So that was fun getting to talk with Marsha and letting the kids play. We got lucky and got to go through the Okkir Temple Open House. The kids thought that was interesting. It was a little hard with me and Marsha and 6 kids, but I was glad we did it. Corey said to me afterwards when I was asking her about it..... "I thought the inside was all going to be made of gold." It was cute. We then took them to the dinosaur museum in Draper and that was fun too!

So were having such a good time that I decided to stay one more night. And that night, my kids and me and Em went to the Mayan Restaurant in Sandy and got to eat some good grub and see the divers. My kids thought it was a pretty cool restaurant. I had not been there in awhile. It was fun to go there again.

So we were ready to go home and see daddy. He was getting home that night, LATE! Steph did come up the following week and stayed a few days. The kids had alot of fun. It was so nice having our basement done. The kids played down there the whole time and me and Steph actually got to have a conversation, a few of them. My kids really miss them and can't wait to go to CA to see them again!

I love Summertime and no schedules. We just kinda plan things week by week!
























































No comments: