Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Frightmares at Lagoon

My kids have been bugging me for the past 2 years to take them to Frightmares, so we finally did it! They even saved their own money.  I found a babysitter for the two little boys and we headed down after school. During Frightmares, Lagoon is only open at nights from 5-10, except for Saturdays. So we went on a Monday, after school, and we met Becca there. It was so stressful because it was raining the whole way, driving to Lagoon, so I didn't want to get there and pay the money and have all the rides be closed. But we decided to be optimistic and chance it! 

It was such a good night. It rained a little bit the first 1.5 hours, but not hard enough to where they shut the rides down or to where it was too painful to go on rides. There were a few rides we got wet on, but after about 7:00 it was just a little cold, not rainy. And because of the weather and it being a Monday, we walked on every ride. It was so awesome!

Me and Becca both felt a little beat up at the end of the night because we are not use to going on that many roller coasters in a night and not having any time in between rides to recoup, because we were getting on rides to fast! I felt a little nauseated at times and had a headache at times too. But it was so fun. I love roller coasters and don't get to go on all of them when we go as a family because I usually stay with the younger kids on their rides! The spider still is the coolest ride. I forgot how scary Wicked is. And I made Becca go on all the spinning rides that I can't do. It's so funny. She is only 8 years younger than me and she does not get dizzy like I do. I'm so old! 

We also went in some Haunted Houses. We went on a 3 STAR bright colored trippy haunted house first and the kids were a little on edge. I held onto Cade so tight. Then we went on a 4 STAR creepier haunted house with the kids. I held onto Corey that time and it was scary. Its not the scenes that are scary. It is the people jumping out at you that freak me out! They were done after that, but me and Becca got brave and went on the 5 STAR Haunted House. It was creepy. Becca is pretty brave. She was MY ROCK! I would not have gone on those alone, without Becca. 

My favorite part of the night, was the Hackensaw Dancers. They were these awesome looking chainsaw dancers with the coolest masks. They were both boy and girl, you could tell and they were so fun to watch. They were so intriguing. We studied them for a bit and took pics with them. I could've watched them all night long. 

Frightmares was fun! Glad my kids loved it! We picked the perfect night. Glad I left the little ones home. We will have to go next year!












The LOVEBIRDS on the side could not keep their hands off each other. So strange!


No comments: