Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fun Fall Fun @ Grandpa Maughan's Old Wellsville Farm


We were having a hard time finding a weekend to go to a corn  maze or do something FALL and fun! Corey had been to this Bear Bottoms Corn Maze in Wellsville, last year, with some friends and really liked it, so we decided to try it out! And luckily it stayed open after Halloween. Come to find out, it was actually on the property that my Grandpa and Grandma Maughan use to own in Wellsville. So it was bringing back lots of memories!

We actually made it there on the last night it was open! It was Saturday, Nov. 2nd. And surprisingly it didn't get too cold. We got there about 6:00 and stayed till about 8:30. The kids first played on this cool Hay bail jungle gym thing. It made me feel claustrophobic or like the bails were going to cave in! But the kids loved it. There was a little slide that Crew fit the best in. And there were these nasty mattresses that the kids could jump on. The  mattresses were sketchy too and creeping me out. It was dark outside but I could still tell they were dirty. This was the free part and probably the thing the kids liked the most!

We also went through the Smaller Corn Maze for about a half hour.We came out the entrance, which I am not sure if that was where we were suppose to come out. But I am pretty sure there was not an EXIT! I don't love corn mazes. I always feel so out of control and I am not good at finding my way! Especially with ALL MY KIDDOS! They are depending on me and it is stressful!

We also took a Spooky Barn Ride through my grandpas old farm. It was neat to make the connection and to have the old memories, but it was sad to see how run down the barn and the property was. They use it for corn and a sod farm,  not for animals. It was dark too and I could still tell it was junky. So I am sure it looks even worse in the daytime. But it was still fun to be there again and to remember all the fun  things we did there as a kid! The tractor driver even told a story about my grandpa on the ride. It was cool! My kids loved it! They even had cute little fireplaces, a movie screen running,  and Cheap Hot Chocolate. It was a fun place. We would go again next year! They even had a Haunted River Trail for older kids. My two older ones would've liked it, but the two little ones would've been scared, so we didn't go!

Sad Fall is over and winter is here!

















First winter day. Look what we woke up too! Sunday morning, Nov. 3rd. UGGH! Already??

Watched Tyke and Jordyn the other day, just for a bit and it was fun to see these two together. 
Tykers and Crew!


No comments: