Friday, July 19, 2013

Trip to CA.- Just the GIRLS


The last part of June, I got to take Corey out to CA, just her and me! It was so fun and such a nice break for me. It was so nice traveling with an older child. I got to take a nap on the plane. I got to sleep in at grandmas' house and I got to exercise without a stroller. It was heaven. 

Corey got a ticket from my soon to be sister-in-law to go to a BIG TIME RUSH concert in San Diego for her birthday and her cousins Faith and Taylor got to go too. My soon to be sis-in-law Angie actually works for Nickelodeon up in LA, so she got Corey the tickets. It was so nice of her to do that! Me and my sister got to go too and my mom, to the concert! And then Corey and I got plane tickets to CA for our birthdays. So it was a cheap trip!

We got there on a Friday night and my dad picked us up from the airport in Long Beach. We got to stop by and see my sister Steph and her kids. I was so missing Aspen because she is just growing up so quickly and  I just don't get to see her that much! She is only 11 months and changing so fast! Then we took Faith and Taylor to grandma and grandpas house for a sleepover. We went to the beach that night and to get some dinner at In N Out! They had alot of fun taking pictures and playing in the water!
































We also got to go to another beach, another day, with my sister Steph up in San Clemente. That was fun too and that's where Corey learned to go under the waves. Her cousin Faith taught her how! It was so cute! Once she learned, she was in heaven and didn't want to get out of the water! Faith and Taylor are so cute to Corey and so sweet. Corey does not have any sisters and so she loves to be with the girls! And they just make her feel so good about herself and she can be herself around them. I love it!

I really had alot of fun being able to just relax and hang out with Steph too. And Corey got to see her cousins for like 5 days straight. She totally needed that! We had a family dinner at Mom and Dad's house on Sunday too, after we slept past church because we got home late from the concert! 

I love vacations where we just get to relax and we don't really have a schedule. I don't get to just sit around and talk to Steph or my parents very much, so I always enjoy that! And I got to go for 2 runs while I was there....a 5 mile run and a 6 mile run, which is way far for me! It was so nice to run back in my old neighborhood! I came back from the vacation very refreshed and I heard that Cade was so sweet and helpful to his brothers at home and at swimming lessons. Grandma Nanny told me how cute he was with the boys and so did my neighbor Michelle, when she took them to swimming while I was gone. So glad he was such good help and so kind cause it is not always like that! I love to hear about the times he is TENDER!









No comments: