Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cade's Baptism Weekend


Cade's baptism turned out really special. He was super anxious and excited! My whole family arrived the Friday night before and I was just busy making preparations for the brunch in the morning. We had to be at the church that morning at 8:30 and of course we get there, family all ready, and Matt forgot his white clothes. So we had to hurry and call Becca and Em and have them bring them down and QUICK! And that morning Crew even burned himself on my straight iron, so the whole meeting he was whining about it stinging. I felt so bad for him!

Everything turned out fine! I had to give the opening prayer, which was short and sweet. In fact, when I sat down, Corey whispers in my ear jokingly..."I could've said a longer prayer than that." And so I told her that I would volunteer her the next time! I was a little nervous. Big crowds and prayers don't work well for me. The talks that a few of the moms gave were really cute and so tailored to the kids!

We had Brother Chad Albrecht, one of the counselors in the bishopric conducting! We love him. He is a great guy! Cade was baptized and Matt did great. I thought Matt was going to bonk Cade's head on the way up, on the handlebar in the font! He dunked him for quite awhile. It was funny! Cade looked happy!
My dad Brandt and Regan Hoth were the witnesses! Toph's family couldn't attend and half of Lynleys family couldn't be there, but we had a good turnout! And we also missed Steph and Mike's families, but we understand they live far away! It turned out really great! In fact, Grandpa Allan kept saying..."This really turned out nice, didn't it? " He is so cute! Aunt Marsha also got to come and our good friend Kyle came with his little boy Bridger (his wife was riding in a bike race! ) And we had Cade's little friend Traeg there and his mom Kelley! Cade's other little friend Mathew could not be there because he had a cousins baptism he had to be at! 

We had Sis Doyle, one of Cade's primary teachers, bare her testimony. I am his other teacher and so I wanted to bare my testimony too. Then my dad bore his testimony and it was very sweet. We also had everyone fill out a little note for Cade, congratulating him! Then he was confirmed! And we had Matt, JR, Regan, my dad Brandt, Grandpa Allan, Chad Albrecht, Norm and Chad Thompson. It was a sweet prayer. I always love Matt's Prayers. He puts his words so beautifully in prayers. Such a natural! 

Afterwards we just took a few family pics and headed back to the house for some Brunch. It was a great meal....bacon, sausage, bagels, yogurts, sweet rolls, donuts, OJ, milk. etc. It was my kind of meal. It was nice to get to talk to everyone and take some more pictures. It turned out to be a real special day! Cade looked so handsome and grown up in his little suit! And everyone kept complimenting Cade's pictures...the adorable ones that Mandy took! It was a special day..one I will always remember!

































































1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

Congratulations to Cade! What a special day.