Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Swimming Weekend


Friday Swim Day with Friends- "Princess Casen"


So we had another fun weekend while daddy was gone again. He went on a trip to the cabin in Star Valley, biking, with some guy friends. They do it every year about this time, but it just so happened to fall on Pioneer Weekend. So we decided not to sit around, but to make the most of it and have some fun!

Thursday night I took my kids, one of Cade's friends, and Jaice, Reygan and Ryley to the fun park. We had a bunch of free stuff to use. So they played for about 3 hours....they played Laser Tag, roller skated, played in the Fun Zone, played the arcade games, and even bowled one game. They even managed to get 1 piece of pizza in for dinner and some 7-up. I could not get these kids to eat. But they sure had fun! I wished I would've brought my book or a friend. 3 hours is a long time. But they sure had fun and I had Crew to hang out with!

Then Friday we went to the aquatic center with The Bundersons again and I think we stayed for 4 hours...our husbands were gone, so we did not have to be home to make dinner or anything...so we stayed for awhile. Cade is swimming so good now, so that is one less child I have to REALLY WORRY about! He stays with Corey and the bigger kids. It was a nice day! I like going swimming  in the afternoon cause the kids don't get so sunburned. I also found a new face sunscreen I have been using on the kids noses and cheeks and it works wonders. So the reason I have that pic of Casen titled "Princess Casen" is because when we got to the pool he had fallen asleep in the car, which I knew was going to be bad...if you wake him up mid-nap, he is a monster for at least an hour. Crew was wanting to nurse the first hour we were there and Casen was  crying because he was so grumpy. So I ended up over at our towels the first hour, waking Casen up with his umbrella and shade and his Snow Cone. I was so annoyed. But I guess when a kid needs his sleep....he needs his sleep.

Then Saturday morning I took my kids to IHOP for breakfast and they were loving that.  They actually were so well- behaved that morning I got a compliment at the restaraunt. Then later that day, we took the kids swimming again, with the cousins, this time, to the Apartment pool. They loved that and it was neat to see Cade and how well he is doing with swimming. I had to get in with Casen and Crew because Casen was wanting to swim and would not wear a life jacket. Luckily the pool was a perfect temp. We stayed for almost 3 hours and then it was dinnertime, so we stopped at McDonalds, our staple fast food joint and got dinner and some ice cream. My kids sure love hanging out with their cousins!

Saturday night, Matt did get home. And Sunday we went to church. But Monday Matt had to work, so I took my kids to the North Logan Parade by myself..my two older were marching in it with their primary. That was fun to see them. They threw candy out for Casen. Then we went school shopping after the parade and out to lunch and then home for naps!

It was a nice weekend, but I was missing Matt and I was really missing my family. I miss them alot on holidays, especially when I see others with their families.

 Saturday- Swimming with Cousins @ Apartment Pool


 Crew- My baby loves the Pool...if it is a decent temp.


 Trying to keep my babies out of the sun...


 Cade, Corey, Reygan, Ryley

 In the Hot Tub--You'd think it was too hot for that!

McDonalds for Dinner & Ice Cream


We keep McDonalds in business....my kids love it!



My pickiest eater...loves those chicken nuggets!

No comments: