Monday, July 11, 2011

Matt's Annual Trip To Alaska

This was Matt's trip he just got back from in Ketchikan, Alaska. He absolutely loves this trip. The week after he gets back, he is always a little depressed and then once he starts planning for the next years trip, he snaps right out of it. No joke..he will probably start planning next years trip, next month. I feel bad because he loves Alaska and wants me to go there with him, but it scares me and I would rather go someplace warm. They wake up super early to fish, they do not sleep alot, alot of the time it is raining, and there are bears all around. That does not sound like a vacation. I told him I would go there on an Alaskan Cruise sometime with him instead.

But he had alot of fun. They fished in the boat and off the shore and caught a ton of fish. And I guess that Ammon and Nate were the chefs again. Sorry my husband does not cook or help out alot. I keep warning him that all his friends are going to stop going with him, if he does not help out a little. And I am suppose to get Nate's pancake recipe because my pancakes don't even compare to Nate's.

But he loves this trip and we sure missed him. He said one time they were catching so many fish in the boat that it started to fill up with water and they had to take the fish in or they might've sunk.




JD, Ryan, Nate, Matt, Ammon, Matt, Johnny, Dan
Steve Thatcher (Dan's dad) and Norm Thompson (Matt's dad)  were also there too.


He loves this trip and can't say enough good things about it. I can tell I married a mountain man and I am afraid he is going to move me to Alaska in the summer months when our kids get older.

1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

Your first pic. is my favorite. It is agood action shot. Glad they're home.