Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

First of all...I love holiday weekends and I love to get in all the fun we can! Friday I took the kids to the pool with the neighbors (I have no pics). It was my first time taking all 4 kids to the pool and it was not bad, but I really wish Casen would wear a life jacket. He absolutley hates them and he throws a fit. I tried as good as I could to keep the kids from not getting burnt, but of course little Crew got sunburned under his eyes... and I did not stop hearing about it from Matt. I put sunscreen on his face. I don't know if the reflection of the water can get them sunburned because he was so covered.....with a hat and swim clothes. Anyway, we had fun. I even got a little sun, but trust me I Needed Some Color.

Then that night Corey had a baseball game and that was fun. She did great!

After the game, we decided to make a quick dinner with the neighbors and do some fireworks in the backyard and watch the local fireworks from our backyard. We have done this the last couple of years and it has been fun and relaxing. You cannot see and hear the fireworks as good, but it is alot more relaxing then getting stuck in traffic and all that with the kids!

Then Saturday morning Matt left for his annual Alaska trip, so I had the kids the rest of the week without him.

So Saturday, Cade really wanted to go to the yearly Cruise In car show. So in the HOT HEAT we walked thru the fairgrounds for about an hour, looked at some cool cars and got a SNOWIE! That helped to cool us down. Then after that I let the kids go and rollar blade at the Fun Park and play a few games. We only could stay for about 1.5 hours cause we had a neighborhood swim party to go to.

I am so bummed I did not take any pics at the pool party either cause the kids had fun. I was a little nervous about taking the kids to a pool party without Matt, but we did fine! The pool was freezing, so Casen did not stay in long which made it nicer for me. We got to eat dinner, talk to the neighbors, and let the kids swim. Friends of ours, helped me to watch the kids too, which was nice. Ryan Bunderson took a turn watching Casen by the pool for me and everyone passed around Crew. So it was nice to have a little help. About 10:00 we decided it was time to get the little ones in bed.

So something funny too. I don't usually get scared when Matt is gone, but 2 nights in a row, the kids ended up sleeping on my floor in my room because we thought we heard tapping on our windows. We realized it, the 2nd night that it was FIREWORKS! Wow, we were laughing. We felt dumb!

Then Sunday, I decided to try and take the kids to sacrament by myself. It was kinda crappy, but we made it. We just went the first hour and then came home. All my kids kind of have colds, so we needed to come home and take naps. Casen is the difficult one during church. The rest of the kids were fine! Don't know that I will try that again until kids get older...By Myself.

We are having an eventful weekend. It has been fun so far!









No comments: