Monday, January 17, 2011

A Fun Saturday with Dad & Cousins





The kids had a fun Saturday because Dad was around. I am no fun right now because I am too prego to build a snowman or go skiing or go snowmobiling. So Matt was home today and the kids got to go and do a few fun things with him and I took some pics. I love it when Matt actually asks to do these things with the kids. I don't even have to prod him to do it. It really makes me love him even more and realize what a great dad and provider he is for us. He first took the kids on some short little snowmobile rides in the backyard, which at this age is good enough for them. And Casen had his first snowmobile ride this winter. (Can't remember if he went last year). Anyway, he liked it....he wasn't smiling, but he wasn't crying. So I did not really know what to think of it. But he seemed to like it. And Corey and Cade liked it too. The snow was really slushy and wet, but the kids still played and got soaking wet and loved it. Casen even cried when I made him come inside after too long and take a nap. His hands kept freezing up because he would not keep his gloves on. But they also built a snowman with dad. Matt could not believe how they could just roll up the snow and make the biggest snowman ever. They even tried rolling a huge ball of snow until it got too heavy to move it any farther. But with this warm weather, I am sure the snowman will not stick around for long. Then later on, Matt took the cover off and let the kids swim in the hot tub, with their cousins. I think they swam for 2-3 hours. (No pics of that). So they had a fun day with dad and cousins and it gave mom a nice break too. I guess it is good they had a fun Saturday, because today is MLK day and the kids have school off and we are just lounging....not anything crazy and fun planned. But they can't complain; Kids always enjoy a day off of school, RIGHT?




















































































































































1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

good for Mat! That is what every kid needs, a good dad that plays with them. Looked like a perfect day.

Good luck soon!!!
I can help w/ the kiddos if you need anything... I know you have tons of family around, but just saying it would be fun to have them over to play too!

Take care!