Monday, January 24, 2011

Corey's Winter Recital

Well I was so glad that I made it to Corey's Winter Recital.....trying to have Matt get Corey there with costume, hair and make-up, would have been a disaster. So yes I am 38 weeks and was hoping to make it to Corey's recital and I did. It was great! She is at the age, where she can get dressed by herself....backstage....into her next costume...and so I got lucky and did not have to stay at her 4 1/2 hour rehearsal on Friday. I did get to go early and save seats at her actual performance....on Saturday, with 2 kids...which was not bad, but by Intermission, Casen was DONE! Matt met me there, a few minutes before it started and luckily Corey was #2 and #7 out of 35 dances, so Matt got to see Corey dance and then take Casen home at Intermission. It was not too long, but Cade kept asking me when the FINALE was. It was so funny! I think he asked me like 20 times....no JOKE. But he was the one who chose to stay!

Corey did a cute jazz number with her friend Shaina and a cute hip hop number with her cousins Reygan and Ryley. She did really well and she even changed by herself, backstage, in time for her 2nd dance. I am trying to teach her that she can do stuff without "Mom always being there." So she did great!

Anyways, afterwards, we found Corey and Cade always loves to give her FLOWERS. She was so excited and ready to go home and relax. Corey always gets a little tense before a performance and I can always tell she is glad when it is over, but SAD at the same time!






















1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

We went and observed a class at Dance Illusion a week ago or so... it happened to be Corey's Class because that would be the age group that Ada would join if she decides to do it. It was cute and Corey did great. I wanted to check out the Jazz class, but it is at the same time as Ada's Activity days, so we might end up signing Ada up for the hip hop for now. I wanted to wait until your recital was done, so she could start fresh. We will see, i am still exploring other options too! Corey looks super cute in the photos. SHe does a really good job. I hope it would'nt be weird for he or you guys if we were to join in her same group? Lisa seemed really cute and fun. I think Ada would do well there. We'll see.... glad you were able to make it. Good luck soon.