Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Fun-Filled Week In Logan W/ My Family




We had alot of fun when my parents came up and a few of my sisters. My parents came up 2 days after Xmas, on a Monday, and we met them in SLC at Temple Square to see the lights. We had not taken our kids this year and thought it would be fun. It was nice to see and the kids really enjoyed it, but it was so cold that I was having a hard time enjoying them like I normally do and I climbed some stairs (being out of shape and pregnant) that did me in. I was pretty uncomfortable the rest of the time. But it was nice to see how much the kids enjoyed it.
The rest of the week, we really just hung out around the house, did a little shopping, the kids played with their new toys and with grandma and grandpa. We also visited some relatives and the girls and kids went out to dessert one night. We also went out to eat at Olive Garden one night too. And took the kids to see Yogi Bear at the theatres. Em and Steven also came up with Mya their Bulldog for 2 days or so and the kids were excited to see them. The kids loved playing with Mya and doing crafts with EM. I felt bad, but I made Mya stay in the garage this time, because I didn't want my house to smell like dog before the baby arrives. The kids loved to go out there and play with her and Casen actually got use to her and was not afraid. So that was nice. But I think Mya was a little under the weather; making her stay in a cold garage without all the attention. They took her home a day early.
Friday, Dec. 31st, was my dad's birthday, so he decided he wanted to go skiing at his old stomping grounds up at Beaver. So he took Matt and my sister Becca and her boyfriend JR and they went up for half a day. It was so cold that it did not sound fun to me, but they all came back and said they had a good time. That night we celebrated my dad's birthday with a nice dinner, presents, cake and ice cream and a good old family DOKRY DANCE PARTY. The kids were loving it and Becca loves to be center of attention, so it all worked out. (Love ya Becs.) I usually love to get up there and dance too, but this prego belly is really making me feel OLD and TIRED! They were actually dancing to FELIZ NAVIDAD, Cade's favorite song. That is why they got all the instruments out and the maracas. We let the kids stay up till about 10:30 and pretend to have a HAPPY NEW YEARS. Becca and JR left to go find some parties in SLC and Park City and so Matt and I and my parents talked till about 1:00 AM.
They had to leave Sunday morning and it was hard to say good-bye, like it always is. I know I get to see my mom in a month or so, when I deliver the baby, so that made it not as hard to see them go. But I am always sad, knowing it will be awhile before I get to see them again. Casen really warmed up to both grandma and grandpa and it was so cute to see him snuggle up to both of them. Like I always say, wish we lived closer. Now I have to catch up on sleep, take my xmas stuff down, clean my house, and get ready for this baby to arrive. So much to do, in a months time. But I am READY!

































































































































































































































1 comment:

Dan and Marsha said...

jen your children are my favorite the are so beautiful, and your belly is so hot!! love it! how do you make those colauges? i didn't spell that right, with your pictures?