Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Casen's 2 Year Old Bday

My little boy actually turned 2. And now he is obsessed with holding up 2 fingers in every picture I take. It is so funny!

His birthday was Sunday, so Saturday I had to go and buy his cupcakes and balloons. I had to hide the balloons in my car, till Sunday morning, because my kids are obsessed with balloons and they will just not leave them alone.....and they all end up stuck to the ceiling, where we can't reach them for days. So Sunday morning, I decorated for Casen's birthday and let him open one of his presents, because by the time I had finished decorationg, it was already half-way open.

We did end up having to go to church for a few hours...and yes I did make Casen go to the "dreaded" nursery, on his birthday. I know "MEAN MOM." (I have to get him trained to go to the nursery before this baby is here, or we will be in trouble). But after church we just had Grandpa Norm and Mandy's family come up for a couple of hours. The rest of Matt's family was either out of town or had other things going on. So it was really low-key, but that it was I like right now, being so prego and tired. The less confusion the better.

Anyway, all day the kids were so hyper and bouncing off the walls....over a 2 year olds bday. I think they thought lots of kids were coming and it was going to be this huge party. Anyway, it was nice. We just had some good appetizers to eat and chatted for awhile, while the kids played. Then we had Casen open his presents, which he was loving. We did open all the gifts and let the kids play with them for awhile. Then after gifts and their wrapping paper war, we sang Happy Birthday to Casen and let him blow out his candles and dig into his Little Cake. You could tell he felt special that day because he was getting so much attention. He loved all the balloons and the cake and the presents really topped off the day. We probably did not get the kids in bed till 10 PM.....cause we could not break them away from all the new toys. But I was pooped and ready to hit the sheets too. It was a good day....but I am sad that now my LITTLE GUY is 2. Crazy.

And one last thing....he is growing up....loves to sit on the potty now and pretend he is going; he repeats words like crazy; and now it is time to give up the bottle. I am so not ready to do that. And once the baby gets here, we will have to decide where he is going to sleep because after a few months, the new baby will take over the CRIB. That is going to be a fun one. And today I took him to the dr. for his 2 year check up and he is doing great. He went from 10% in weight to 20%, weighing in at 25.5 lbs. YEAH! And his height went from 75% to 30%. OOOOHHH! He did not grow much in that department. And I thought he was going to be tall! But at least he is putting weight on. That made me feel better. I love my little guy! Hopefully he will adjust when his new little brother gets here!







































































































































3 comments:

Mandy said...

I can't believe he is already 2. It seems like he went from little baby to little boy overnight. It's even more crazy that you guys will have a new baby in a couple of weeks. I'm way excited though!!!

Alison Daugs said...

Happy Birthday Casen!

Unknown said...

Happy Late Birthday Casen!! Jen he is so dang cute! It sounds like he had a great birthday. Do you know when they are inducing you?