Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Only Thanksgiving Pic I got. I am terrible!

Thanksgiving was really great this year... I was kind of sad at first because I was homesick for my family and all of Matt's family was going to be gone to their in-laws houses....so it was just going to be our family and Matt's parents and we were going to go to Hamiltons for Thanksgiving dinner....but last minute, a few days before Thanksgiving, Lynley, my sister-in-law decided to have dinner at her house. I was so excited. My kids love to play with their kids and having it at someones house, just feels so much more like Thanksgiving. I was so grateful to her for doing this.

It turned out awesome. Her house was decorated so pretty. We all brought a few dishes to share...Nan and Norm came and brought some food, Lynleys parents also came and brought some food, our family brought a few things, and Matt's secretary Leslie also came. She was going to be alone, so Lynley and Chad invited her to come. All the food turned out so yummy. Lynleys family really prepared alot of food too and did alot of work to make it all look so yummy. It really made my Thanksgiving. We also sat around and talked afterwards for a couple hours. Then Matt was ready to go home and watch the Dallas Cowboys game in the comfort of his own home. So later that night, Mandy and Regan and their kids came over and we just hung out and watched a movie and ate left overs. I really enjoyed the day and it made me think of how grateful I am for family and how much our family has been blessed.

Friday was a dejunking day for me and an organizing day. Corey got to go to the twins 8th birthday, which she was so excited about and Matt got the day off too, to spend with the family.

Then Saturday, was Novemberfest, a craft show they have every year in Logan and Corey was performing and so were the twins. I went a little early with Corey and Cade to go and look around the craft show and then we also go to watch cousin Skye dance and Corey's friend Tyler dance and a few of Skye's cousins dance too. Their dance company was before ours. It was so cute to see Skye dance. She is 3 and she did so awesome. Casen and Matt came to see Corey dance and she did so awesome too. She was in a jazz number with her friend Shaina and also a hip hop number with Reygan and Ryley. She did so good in both of them. I was so proud of her. I always tear up when I see her dance because I know she gets a little nervous and I just want her to do so well. She is the type, that if she messes up in front of all those people, she would be devastated and cry. So I always tear up when she does well. Auntie Mandy and Nan were there too with Carma and Colleen to see Skye dance, so they stayed to watch Corey and the twins too. Auntie Em also came up to stay for a couple of days and got there just in time to see Corey dance too. I think Corey was excited to have all those people there watching her and supporting her. I am sad though because she does not want to do jazz/ballet next year, only the fun classes like hip hop. My little girl has an opinion and can't be talked into anything anymore.

Then Saturday night and Sunday we just hung out and started decorating for Christmas....decorating is not my favorite, but once the decorations are up, I love it! Em came up to stay for a couple of days, relax and help me decorate! I love it when she comes. It is a little piece of home around the holidays!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: