Friday, December 3, 2010

December Fun with Auntie Em






Auntie Em came up to stay with us for a couple of days. She wanted some time off work and some time to relax, so she came up to hang out. We both don't get to go home for Christmas this year or get to see the family, so it helps to hang out together, so we don't get as homesick. She still lives almost 2 hours away, so we do not get to see each other enough, especially in the winter with the weather.
But she came up Saturday night and got to see Corey dance...Then Sunday we just went to church and started decorating for Christmas. Matt and Em and my kids helped me carry up all the Xmas boxes and the tree and helped me put away all my Thanksgiving decorations. It was so nice to have help. I get so tired right now, that I can only do so much in a day. So we did get the tree put up that night and decorated, but it took us the rest of the week to finish decorating the house. It is alot of work, but once it is decorated, I love it. My kids also did some crafts with Em. Em loves crafts and so do my kids.....so I always keep a few on hand, for down time on Sundays or holiday vacations.
Monday, the kids did have to go to school, so Em and I just hung out.......went to a few shops, Em worked out, and later that night we took Corey and Cade and their friend Shaina to go and see the movie Tangled. Matt stayed home with Casen. It was the cutest movie. I usually don't get too excited to see kids movies, but this one was really funny and super cute!
Then Tuesday, we decided to meet Cade and Corey at school and go to school lunch with them. Cade loves that because he comes home for lunch this year. Next year he will get to go. And Casen loves to see Corey and Cade at school. So that was short and sweet, but I know it means alot to Corey. Later that night, after dinner, and after Matt got home, we decided to take the kids ice skating at the Eccles Ice Skating Arena. I can't go right now because I am pregnant and uncoordinated and to talk Matt into taking the kids by himself ,would be near impossible, so Em decided to skate with the kids, while Matt, me and Casen watched from the warm observation room. The kids had alot of fun and it was nice of Em to go with them and help me out a little. I was just not sure if we would get to do it again this winter with me being pregnant and a new baby here in January or Feb.
Wednesday, the kids had school again, so Em and I ran a few errands again....in fact we were in the car all day today, because we picked up Cade from the bus, ran some errands, went out to Wellsville to put my grandparents Xmas wreaths on their graves, then ran Corey and her friend to dance, and then finally made it home around 6:00. It was a long day and we were glad to be home. We ate some dinner and then the kids wanted to do another craft with Em, so I let them decorate Gingerbread Boys/Girls. They had alot of fun doing that too. It was nice having Em here to, to help them while I was making dinner and cleaning up.
Thursday, I finally started decorating the house again while the kids were at school and just about finished Thursday night. YEAH! Em had to say good-bye around 1:00, while I had to take Corey to the dentist and Cade to the dermatologist. So they all got to say good-bye.
It was fun having her here and I was sad to see her go....just the company of a sister is the best. I really do wish she lived closer. The kids love her too. She was in love with Casen this time. I have decided that she is ready for a baby. Her and Stephen really need to concentrate on trying for a baby. She also is obsessed with bulldogs. She made me stop in a Wal- Mart Parking lot so she could get out and ask this guy to pet his bulldog. And when we were in PetSmart with Casen and Cade, she stalked this guy around the store until she could get his attention to pet his bulldog. It was so funny! I love her and miss her already!















































No comments: