Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day 2010



The kids actually slept in until 8:30 which was nice. Matt was making fun of me because I got up at 8:00 AM to go to the bathroom and could not fall back to sleep. I was starving. So I went out to get something to eat really quick and while I was out there, I turned on the xmas lights and got ready for when the kids were going to wake up. He said I was purposly making noise so the kids would wake up. I got ice from the ice maker and it made a little noise. Anyway, Casen woke up at about 8:15 and so I took him into our room, till the other kids woke up about 8:30. I thought that was pretty late. I was thrilled that they slept in that late. Anyway, we made them wait a few minutes and then let them tear out there and see their gifts. We took turns opening gifts, so that it did not go by too fast. The kids were loving their gifts and it was so fun to see Casen open his gifts. Everything was OOH and AAWW. The kids also emptied their stockings and saw the little note Santa left them thanking them for the treats. After about 30 mintues, the gifts were close to being all opened and the kids found another note from Santa, telling them to go out to the garage and that there was a surprise out there for them to SHARE. They went running and found a Battery Powered F150 truck. They loved it. They drove it for awhile and then we had to come inside and finish presents and eat some breakfast.
The rest of the afternoon, we just lounged.....ate breakfast, opened boxes for the kids, put stuff together....etc. Brit and Toph and Nan and Norm finally came up about 2 PM to visit. Then we had to get ready to go over to Nan and Norms for xmas dinner. So we got ready and headed over there about 5:00 PM. We ate another great meal...the food tasting so good to me. And then of course, the kids were excited about their presents from Nan and Norm. Casen loved his horse. Cade loved his remote control truck and could not wait to go home and try it. And Corey disappeared with her cousins, playing with her pretend school kit. We played for a while and then Matt was ready to go home and see his Dallas game that he had taped. But first, we had the cousins migrate over to our house, to play while the adults watched a movie. It was a fun day...hanging out with family, watching the kids get excited over presents, no fighting, and just relaxing. But it was a long day and I was so excited to get into bed.
Now we have to get up Sunday, go to church and get ready for my family to come on Monday. We are so excited! And poor Matt has to go to work today. Xmas on the weekend, doesn't give daddys much of a break from work. They are expected to return to work on Monday. Now the kids have a whole week off and I hope it works out OK, not too much fighting. My family will be here, so hopefully that will help. Can't believe Xmas is already over.



























































No comments: