Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thompson Xmas Party

Last night was the Thompson xmas party and this year we decided to do it at the church instead. It is alot of work to do it at someones house and then that person is left with the mess. So this year, we opted out of having it at our house because I am prego and didn't need the extra work. So we all worked together, down at the church, to get it set up and cleaned up and it worked out great! The kids played with some games we brought down, left over from our ward xmas party and we needed to get some more use out of them. It actually kept them entertained with only a few injuries. I think Casen got drilled with the bean bags 3 times pretty hard.

Nan and Norm were there....Cheryl and Jan, Missy and Steve, Marnie and Max, Mandy and Regan, Toph and Brit, Me and Matt, Chad and Lynley, and Rod and Sue and all the kids. So we had a good number.

We first had dinner, which is always good. Being pregnant sucks around the holidays because everything looks so good and I am starving, but I get full so fast because my stomach has no room. So I never get to eat all that I want to eat. But everything was pretty good. Then we cleaned up a little and by that time, SANTA arrived. And he was the hit of the evening with the kids. He sat them all down and sang a song and talked to them. Then he let each kid sit on his lap and asked them a few questions about BEING GOOD... Casen was having such a good time. Just this week, he has been watching all the Xmas cartoon....Diego, Dora, Umi Zoomis and Max and Ruby and he has learned about Santa this week. I think he actually gets it. He knows Santa says HO, HO, HO, and if you are a good boy he will bring you presents. It was so funny. He was in complete Awe. And I think even Cade was in awe, just hiding his feelings. He was a great Santa. And Casen wanted that TREAT (candy cane), so I told him he could have one if he sat on Santas' lap. He got scared for a minute and so that is why I am sitting on Santa's other knee. Santa did make sure all the adults got to sit on his lap too. And Matt told Santa that for Xmas he wanted 2 things....for Jen to stop blowing money and he asked if Santa could blow up OLD NAVY. It was pretty funny!

After the kids said good-bye to Santa, we played the gift exchange game and that was fun too. I am sure some ended up with gifts they liked and some ended up with gifts they did not like. That is always how that game goes. And some of the kids always end up in tears too....like Cade when he opened up a girl present and everyone was laughing. So we straightened it out and it was all good. Then we cleaned up and headed home. And oh, wow, I feel like I am going to have this baby any day now. I still have 5 weeks and I feel so ready. I think it is the 4th kid and he sits lower in my pelvis and all the pressure on my bladder just makes it hard to get around. I feel like I have to pee all day long. Can't wait to be able to lay on my belly and get a back rub. Brit came last night with 2 week old Cole and I was envious that she was DONE being prego. We are excited!



























2 comments:

Mandy said...

PLEASE!!!!! Don't have him while I'm in Hawaii. I'll be so sad!!

Thompson Family said...

All this pressure. I have to wait till you get back from Hawaii and I have to wait till your mom gets back from Vegas. I will try. Its not like I am going to go out and run while your gone.....I always feel like I am going to have it and then the week comes and they have to start me, so I am sure you will be fine.